And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Lehigh4Life

Re: And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Post by Lehigh4Life » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:11 pm

2-9 at Valpo had a whole lot more to do with injuries than it did Coach Cecchini.... If you are going to research, look beneath the covers.

Fact: Starting QB and backup QB out with injuries most of the year. Starting RB also out, had to use one of their athletic back-up QB's as running back late in the year. Lost several defensive starters as well to injury.

Fact: Played NEC Champion Duquesne to a 23-21 loss first game of the year, while they were healthy, with Zero scholarship kids. A much better depiction of the team he had at the start of the season. Held the lead until last drive, where Duquesne kicked game winning field goal.

Took over a team that had won 1 game in the previous 3 years, to a team that had Valpo's first winning season in over 16 years.

The reality is, Dave went to Valpo so he could come back to Lehigh. I'm told he it was recommended he go get HC experience.

He went, knowing that he was not going to have a great record, due to the fact of what he was taking over. He also knew that he would hone his skills as a recruiter, having no scholarships to recruit.

Am I saying he's the absolute best candidate, no, that's not what I'm saying. But I can tell you I'd rather have Dave Cecchini, a guy who loves Lehigh, wants the Lehigh job, than any of the people I'm hearing are getting the job.

Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Maybe it will be like Dick Cheney being made the Chair, and only member of the Candidate George W Bush vice presidential nominee selection committee. Maybe Joe appoints himself :D
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Richb-3 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:23 pm Maybe it will be like Dick Cheney being made the Chair, and only member of the Candidate George W Bush vice presidential nominee selection committee. Maybe Joe appoints himself :D
I can say that I frequently have been checking my email and nope, haven't been offered yet
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Dear 4Life. Did not intend to cast a shadow on coach Cecchini's character or coaching ability. Nor do I have any intention of doing any further research. Pointing out that he did not have a good year does not require that. He had a tough year. Are you related to coach?
Lehigh4Life

Post by Lehigh4Life » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Not related at all, and a bit uncalled for. Just a concerned Lehigh Alum that actually researches the information prior to making statements about one's coaching record.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Good to know you are with us.......
Kramer

Post by Kramer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:13 pm

jimk72 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:08 pm Good to know you are with us.......
+ 1
fillfittonfield

Post by fillfittonfield » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:55 pm

Hello Lehigh community:

I just received word from a trusted source that Tom Gilmore will be the next head football coach at Lehigh.

You are getting a great football coach and an even better person. Congrats.

Looking forward to seeing you guys succeed in the future (except when you play Holy Cross!).
Lehigh74

Post by Lehigh74 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:40 am

If it’s true, I’m not particularly happy with the choice. However, I would imagine that New England Patriot fans were also not happy with the choice of Bill Belichick as Patriot head coach, since he had been fired by the Cleveland Browns. Hopefully Lehigh fans will be also be pleasantly suprised by the success of our new coach.