And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
ngineer

Re: And the Head Coach Clock restarts. Tick-Tock....

Post by ngineer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:08 pm

Yes, I could see Venuto or a number of other FCS Coordinators. I got the sense that Kashurba established 'good vibes' with the team. Seems like a high energy type guy and might give more of a focus on defense, similar to Higgins being elevated from DC when Small left. Ironically, our defenses under Small suffered as well, due to Hank poaching the top athletes to the offense. Lots of moving parts right now. "Interesting times".

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:12 pm

ngineer wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:08 pm Yes, I could see Venuto or a number of other FCS Coordinators. I got the sense that Kashurba established 'good vibes' with the team. Seems like a high energy type guy and might give more of a focus on defense, similar to Higgins being elevated from DC when Small left. Ironically, our defenses under Small suffered as well, due to Hank poaching the top athletes to the offense. Lots of moving parts right now. "Interesting times".
I agree on Kashurba. He's an established defensive mind in the PL. Coen and company knew what they were getting when he was brought in before the season. The only issue is even with his presence the defense was still horrific. He'd have to really give the "Steel Curtain" speach to Sterrett imo. The Small defenses that Higgins elevated himself from were nothing like this. There's a bit of a bit of a misnomer regarding the Small era imo. He had teams that played good defense. When his teams were had it was usually against superior scholarship competition. Plus, they were running a rather non-conventional offense for its time. Winning the TOP was not one of their priorities.
van

Post by van » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Kashurba an interesting thought, Andy's illness was known for some time and perhaps Kashurba came he to audition for the future spot?
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:19 pm

van wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:16 pm Kashurba an interesting thought, Andy's illness was known for some time and perhaps Kashurba came he to audition for the future spot?
Exactly....

There has to be a timeline with this whole thing. None of us will likely know when it started. But as far as message board rumors go Kashurba is definitely an interesting name. I mentioned it on AGS last weekend after thinking maybe the answer is way too obvious.
JimLU81

Post by JimLU81 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:43 am

I am told that one rumor going around the team was that the players wanted Brisson to be the HC. I don’t see that happening but much more likely than hiring a defensive guy from our staff. My guess is that maybe Kashurba has a chance to stay with a new staff but very hard to retain anyone from our defensive staff. Need to wipe the slate clean on that side and start completely fresh.
van

Post by van » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:39 am

no idea when it started, but several of us noted a change in Andy several years back
LUopa

Post by LUopa » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:28 am

Coach Kash recruits Georgia and he did very well getting 3 defensive players from metro Atlanta in ESP...not bad for a guy that just showed up last June to develop the relationships...good with the kids on in home visits and keeps it real- doesn't over promise like others.
Hawktalker

Post by Hawktalker » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:25 am

This board isn't mentioning Scheier anymore. Is he off the list?
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:48 am

A HC regular is suggesting Gilmore "interviewed" for the job. Not sure if that means phone or in person. That would be interesting. Outside of the Randolph years his record in Worcester was rather poor. Chesney seems to be a significant step up. Surprisingly, Gilmore's defenses weren't all that great.
JimLU81

Post by JimLU81 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:56 pm

I agree Owl... Gilmore would shock me. Of course I heard that rumor but I honestly dismissed it. According to the Lehigh Football Partnership email we phone interviewed more than 12 people (I was told 15). I can’t imagine from that number that Tom Gilmore is one of the finalist. That is not a very good look. Hire a guy who was fired mid-season by an in-conference opponent... That is a really bad look for Lehigh. I just have a feeling that it is someone we are not talking about. Or maybe we go the Holy Cross route and hire Jim Clements... time will tell.