Tom Gilmore.

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Lehigh4Life

Re: Tom Gilmore.

Post by Lehigh4Life » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:53 am

Looking forward to see what Gilmore is able to do. Hopefully, he is happy with the kids that signed early.

I hope someone asks the question at the press conference what his plans are for the offensive/current staff. That's the next important question. I imagine the offensive staff will all stay, plus the DC that Gilmore knows. Anyone have any info?

StablerBum

Post by StablerBum » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 am

Lehigh4Life wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:53 am I hope someone asks the question at the press conference what his plans are for the offensive/current staff. That's the next important question. I imagine the offensive staff will all stay, plus the DC that Gilmore knows. Anyone have any info?
Given the press release quote about a "smooth and rapid transition" it wouldn't surprise me if keeping a lot of the current staff was a requirement of accepting the job. Believe there was a rumor saying exactly that a few weeks ago. If true, a baffling requirement by Joe considering the program is 8-15 over the past two seasons.
van

Post by van » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:22 am

interesting about the comments about not being able to compete for national championships, Lehigh is a small, private university that strives for national recognition as a strong academic institution, I believe most would agree that this is a factual description

I wonder how many of our alums wish they had earned their degree from ND State instead of Lehigh, not me for sure
sader1970

Post by sader1970 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 am

What time is the press conference? Is it on stadium? Other streaming?
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 am

2pm on Stadium and PLN
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:28 am

van wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:22 am interesting about the comments about not being able to compete for national championships, Lehigh is a small, private university that strives for national recognition as a strong academic institution, I believe most would agree that this is a factual description

I wonder how many of our alums wish they had earned their degree from ND State instead of Lehigh, not me for sure
:D Yup.
sader1970

Post by sader1970 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:36 am

RichH wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 am 2pm on Stadium and PLN
Thanks, Rich! I know that many of you have doubts about TG and this is very understandable. I have gotten to know Tom from when he first came to Holy Cross. As many of you know, he is passionate and the hardest worker you could ever have with a burning desire to win. He had a number of obstacles to overcome at Holy Cross but never lose sight of the fact that he took a program that was in the dumpster and by his 2nd year had a winning record and finished 1st or 2nd in the league multiple years and won PL Coach of the Year twice. He didn't get "dumb" all of a sudden. I am sure your AD did the necessary "due diligence."

Tom Gilmore is a winner and I just hope Holy Cross doesn't have to "pay" for your hire.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 am

sader1970 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:36 am
RichH wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 am 2pm on Stadium and PLN
Thanks, Rich! I know that many of you have doubts about TG and this is very understandable. I have gotten to know Tom from when he first came to Holy Cross. As many of you know, he is passionate and the hardest worker you could ever have with a burning desire to win. He had a number of obstacles to overcome at Holy Cross but never lose sight of the fact that he took a program that was in the dumpster and by his 2nd year had a winning record and finished 1st or 2nd in the league multiple years and won PL Coach of the Year twice. He didn't get "dumb" all of a sudden. I am sure your AD did the necessary "due diligence."

Tom Gilmore is a winner and I just hope Holy Cross doesn't have to "pay" for your hire.
Thanks sader.
JimLU81

Post by JimLU81 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:48 am

Very shocked and disappointed with this hire. I am told the 3 finalists were Gilmore, Clements, and Rossomondo. A very good friend (not a Lehigh source) told me Tim Cramsey did in fact apply and receive a phone interview. As far as Dave Cecchini I find it very hard to believe that 1. He would sign any type of extension for that amount of money in the Pioneer League, that is just simply not true. 2. I was very vocal in my dissatisfaction with people saying Dave should be the guy. But he would absolutely be a better choice than Gilmore. Just shocking that this was pick. I know several alums that would characterize him as a bully during his time at Lehigh. Well the ledge or the cliff whatever you prefer I’m jumping.... just a terrible feeling.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:58 am

Pretty much jibes with the info I got this morning. Both Clements and Rossomundo great options. That does not render Gilmore a bad choice. Not sexy and I get the disappointment.
I was torn admittedly is hearing this choice. This morning tho I have been reading the FB posts of LU football alums from Tom's prior stint at LU. All without exception very positive. That says enough for me as to his ability. Willing to see how he does. No matter what he will have a high bar for the upcoming season.