Assistant coaches ...

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
ngineer

Re: Assistant coaches ...

Post by ngineer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm

RichH wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:55 am Well said L4L.

DiMichele is indeed a top recruiter. Perhaps more importantly a great closer.
Noonan likewise a go getter.
Right now not much info on the make up of this staff. Looks to be a good start tho.

Actually expect us to be better next year,if healthy. TG coming in to a team with a very solid core of talent. D needs better direction and focus and some big DTs :D .New voices should help with that.
we are not in a rebuild mode. Up to TG and staff to put it all together. A somewhat easier schedule next year. Back to back with UC Davis and Nova after open with SFU not a cake walk but we can be competitive. 4 OOC games before PL games. SHU is week before Pards. A must that we have a winning record in OOC games.
Where are you seeing the confirmed dates for SHU? I also 'heard' we are hosting Wagner as their return trip from ours two years ago, but supposedly, 9/28?, but don't see anyting confirmed. Why are some schools much more 'open' about future schedules? It is hell trying to schedule matters in the fall no knowing the full schedule.

RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 pm

LU released sched late yesterday. Our bye week is durring OOC. Think after UCD. SHU is set for Sat before Pards.
Yes shuffling was in part due to UCD .
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:02 pm

Rich,
I believe we actually have 2 bye weeks next year.

There is no game listed on September 21 after the UC Davis Game

There is also no game scheduled for October 12 between the Colgate and Fordham games
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:06 pm

TMH wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:02 pm Rich,
I believe we actually have 2 bye weeks next year.

There is no game listed on September 21 after the UC Davis Game

There is also no game scheduled for October 12 between the Colgate and Fordham games
Yup two byes!! Both coming after what will be the two toughest games of the season! Good schedule for a new staff! It's tough but manageable if Gilmore and company step up! UC Davis is easily the toughest FCS game anyone in the PL has. The Aggies are at NDSU the following week so maybe they'll be looking ahead? One can hope. It's time to step up and beat Villanova! They've been a middling CAA team under Fuente. The late season trip to Sacred Heart before Lafayette should be a solid little OOC venture before Gilmore's first LU-LC battle.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:14 pm

Two Byes next year because the nation has not yet accepted my opinion that Thanksgiving should be the Thursday after the Third Saturday in November. AKA the The Thursday before the Final Monday of November, AKA Nov 20 or 21 instead of Nov 27-28. Makes for better sports schedules in both the Autumn and Winter. Also means Xmas Shopping season from 12:01 AM on Black Friday to 11:59 PM on Christmas Eve will always be a full four weeks, at least.

American Thanksgiving has been on many different dates over the last 397 years, but usually Thursdays in November. The last two times the date formula has changed was because of shopping, then football.
Lehigh4Life

Post by Lehigh4Life » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Any other updates on the current staff? I'm hearing Brisson will be back. Anyone else hearing anything?
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Hearing Scott and Coach K. We'll see. More curious about DL and OL assts.
JimLU81

Post by JimLU81 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:50 pm

I have heard Brisson, McGorry, Kashurba will be back Roberts, Sutyak, Bandy are gone. Not confirmed just some talk from alum with direct knowledge.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Had heard a while back that Don moving into an AD slot. My question is who will be our O and D line coaches.
Skills guys , particularly difference makers, are great. Success of both units is based to a large degree on the performance of the lines. Hence, my curiousity as to those assts.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Wasn't Noonan a DL coach at HC? Maybe he returns there. Kash stays at LB..and DC. No reason a Coordinator cannot be a position coach, too. It frequently crosses my mind that we make things too complicated.