Offers. Round 2

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: Offers. Round 2

Post by RichH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:19 pm

DeGroat is indeed no joke.
Callahan at 181.
Every PL team has at least 1 recruit on the list.

RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:38 pm

So for PL

20. Holy Cross
29. Fordham
45. Colgate

#1 Harvard
#2 Nova.
Lehigh4Life

Post by Lehigh4Life » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 pm

I'm not sure if I would really look to hard at these rankings. Based on the explanation below, it appears that kids are ranked based on offers, which in many cases, the offers are not real. They are not committable offers, in other words, they "offer" a kid but wont' take commitment. This goes on WAY too much in college recruiting.

FCS RECRUITING: 2019 Top 300 Signees

We have the FCS Top 300, based on scholarship offers, not star ratings. Want to know if your school has a Top 300 player? Check here.

FCS RECRUITING: 2019 Top 300 Signees
Brian McLaughlin
@BrianMacWriter

HERO Sports is giving you a feel for all things FCS recruiting.

How did we come to this conclusion?

The Top 300 is below ...
This isn't the 247Sports "star" rating formula, or Rivals.com. It's only based on scholarship offers. If you held at least three FCS offers? You added bonus points to your school's ranking. But no matter what? If you signed with your school, you helped in the ranking below in our formula.
This is based ONLY on incoming true freshmen (high school or prep school). Mixing true freshmen with transfers evaluation is "apples and oranges" in our estimation. Our JUCO and FBS/FCS transfer rankings will come this summer after spring ball has cleared and all transfers have been announced by schools. We separate those rankings. Teams that choose to go heavily the transfer route will get that recognition later when all of the transfer news has finalized.
We consider all D-1 scholarship offers of the 2,500 or so FCS signees ... P5 offers? FBS offers? FCS? How many? And if you signed with your favorite school? The offers are "tiered" and you helped the "score" because we gave credence to quantity AND quality. Once again, everybody who signed with an FCS school helped their school's rating in the formula.
Conferences like the NEC and Pioneer League -- who tend to sign players late into the later NCAA national signing period until May -- will be ranked as a conference at a later date when their full classes have gone public, though some of their players are recognized in our individual signee rankings.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:33 pm

As I said , skewed metrics. Hero weights offers by P5, FB,and FCS which factors into ranking a kid's total offers and where he rates. It is a fun distraction for the off season. It has some validity albeit with a lot of caveats. True of all the rating systems. It is not uncommon for coaches to put out offers to some kids w/o any expectation of success. Why? Sometimes to get an entry at a specific HS. Other times, coaches simply want to get their team into the conversation with top tiers of FBS by offering some top P5 recruits.
Another example, using Academy offers for bonus points is misleading as each gives out well over 300 offers each year.
But heck we have weeks yet before Spring practice. :D
van

Post by van » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:51 pm

so which of these recruits will make the 2 deep, starters?

seems like the kicker VanDusen might be #1 or #2 based on his rating

given the graduation of DL, one or two of the DL could at least make the 2 deep

is Spencer ready to crack the line up as a FR?

is Hope ready to back up Allen?
Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Seems like a very good class given the staff turnover. There's certainly a great core of guys that Gilmore can hopefully rely on in 3-4 years to be the leaders of his program. Ultimately though, you never know how things will turn will out. That's why you need a staff that develops players and putting them in a position to succeed.

Spring practice is going to be ridiculously big! Based on the schedule and the talent on the 2-deep (I acknowledge depth is lacking) there's no reason they can't compete for the PL Title this year.

I find it humorous that people are just finally realizing how well the Ivies recruit. The PL folks have been telling the FCS world they bring in P5 level talent for years.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Colton at DT is virtually a lock for the 2 deep.
Sabvute could be our KR/PR very quickly.
Hope likely at 2 behind Allen.. Question here is Chadbourn. He was moved over to WR mid season. Tough luck with injuries but he is too talented not to play.He was a 3* with an offer sheet that dwarfs Nate's.
Burbage a pure athlete. I expect he will be in the rotation.
Callahan likewise would be a great fit with Maxie.

However, we dont know what either our O or D sets will actually be.
Brisson has mentored under 2 excellent OCs. I hope last year's O resulted from circumstances not planning. Folmar's O benefitted from superb skill players and a very good OL. He could afford to rely on that talent to out execute opposing Ds. Without all the pieces, we tried the same O without success. This year we should have a good OL and with Allen, Jorge ,Dambach and Falcone some very good talent. QB? Remains to be seen. One thing for sure, we cant rely solely on talent. Brisson has to open the playbook.
D
New DC and mostly new staff. Cant vary too much from the 4-2 given the small number of LBs we have.
Spring practice will be more important than it has been for a while.
LehighGuy

Post by LehighGuy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 pm

Let’s look at this:
QB: Nigel Summerville
RB1: Rashawn Allen
RB2: Nate Hope
WR1: Luke Christiano
WR2: Dambach/Bibbens
SLOT: Jorge Porrtreal
OL: I really can’t tell you lol
TE: Ian O’Connor
Nickel CB: Divine Buckram
CB: Marquis Wilson
CB: Jaylen Floyd
SS: Sam Mcloskey
FS: Brandon Spencer
LB: Keith Woetzel
LB: Pete Haffner
LB: Nate Norris
DL: Micheal Callahan
DL: Dean Colton
DL: Davis Maxie
DL: Jack Kircher
Since I know who these guys are I can personally say “this roster is talented enough to win the patriot league” but maybe that’s biased :D ;)
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:09 pm

LehighGuy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 pm Let’s look at this:
QB: Nigel Summerville
RB1: Rashawn Allen
RB2: Nate Hope
WR1: Luke Christiano
WR2: Dambach/Bibbens
SLOT: Jorge Porrtreal
OL: I really can’t tell you lol
TE: Ian O’Connor
Nickel CB: Divine Buckram
CB: Marquis Wilson
CB: Jaylen Floyd
SS: Sam Mcloskey
FS: Brandon Spencer
LB: Keith Woetzel
LB: Pete Haffner
LB: Nate Norris
DL: Micheal Callahan
DL: Dean Colton
DL: Davis Maxie
DL: Jack Kircher
Since I know who these guys are I can personally say “this roster is talented enough to win the patriot league” but maybe that’s biased :D ;)
Agreed. I dont think Christiano is eligible for a 5th. I'd like O'Connor at WR.

Last 2 year per Herosports we had 1 recruit on each list. Allen last year at 230 and Chadbourne at 74 the year before.
TMH

Post by TMH » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 pm

Some things a forgot to mention:
1.) All the injured OL are lifting and working out and hopefully be ready for the beginning of the season. That would include Motley, Curlin and Fournier. Freshman Gurth was named outstanding OL at the banquet.
2.) Henning has the edge as our PK next year but don't expect him to do all 3 (KO, PK and Punting) like Mish has been doing.
3.) We all knew the Dom was insanely strong. He is now doing 32 reps at 225 benching. His goal is to get to 35 by Pro Day.