Offers. Round 2

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
van

Re: Offers. Round 2

Post by van » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:02 pm

while Brad did start he was not the "starter", as was the intent of the comment above

TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm

I understand. I think my point though was that a freshman can start and have success.

I am by no means promoting one QB over another.There are 4 already on the roster and frankly, there is very little for the casual fan to evaluate them on. Spring football may shed some light on the situation.

What will be interesting to me though is that there will be a whole lot of players who will be evaluated with a fresh set of eyes this year. Beauty, as they say, is in the eyes of the beholder.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 pm

There will be names missing from next year's roster and new names we have never seen before. Spring s/b interesting but August will be startbof a brand new regime. Its been a long time. Hopefully productive as well as interesting.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Callum. Anthony. '20. OL. 6'4 245. Greenwich Ct

Yale Penn Fordham
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:17 pm

LehighGuy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 pm Let’s look at this:
QB: Nigel Summerville
RB1: Rashawn Allen
RB2: Nate Hope
WR1: Luke Christiano
WR2: Dambach/Bibbens
SLOT: Jorge Porrtreal
OL: I really can’t tell you lol
TE: Ian O’Connor
Nickel CB: Divine Buckram
CB: Marquis Wilson
CB: Jaylen Floyd
SS: Sam Mcloskey
FS: Brandon Spencer
LB: Keith Woetzel
LB: Pete Haffner
LB: Nate Norris
DL: Micheal Callahan
DL: Dean Colton
DL: Davis Maxie
DL: Jack Kircher
Since I know who these guys are I can personally say “this roster is talented enough to win the patriot league” but maybe that’s biased :D ;)
😂😂
LUFAN

Post by LUFAN » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:37 am

TMH wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm I understand. I think my point though was that a freshman can start and have success.

I am by no means promoting one QB over another.There are 4 already on the roster and frankly, there is very little for the casual fan to evaluate them on. Spring football may shed some light on the situation.

What will be interesting to me though is that there will be a whole lot of players who will be evaluated with a fresh set of eyes this year. Beauty, as they say, is in the eyes of the beholder.
How many D1 freshman begin season as starter when they do not enroll early? Minuscule. This forum is painful for folks who actually know football.
van

Post by van » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:43 am

If Nigel can win the starting job in camp then he is gonna be great, asking quite a lot for a FR to learn this O and step in day 1 over guys that have been in the program 2 or more years
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Having great physical skills if fine, but the #1 reason a player gets on the field a lot or as a starter, is their ability to know the playbook, read defenses and execute. We've had a number of players over the years who appeared 'better' than some getting more time. Not being able to run all the plays, know how to make adjustments, etc. will severely limit playing time, regardless of speed, strength or arm strength.
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:47 pm

First I'd like to apologize to LUFAN if I caused him any great pain :-). It was unintentional.
Remember however that I never did endorse any QB over another nor was I anticipating that a freshman will start the year. My only point is that a freshman can be a starting QB at Lehigh and play well if the opportunity arises. Stambaugh, Shafnisky and Mayes have shown that. I have no idea when a freshman receives a playbook. Are there regulations against summer classes prior to your freshman year and informal workouts with the team?
Just as a point of discussion, Summerville transferred to Vance HS just prior to his junior year. This is what they said of his transition
"When he started at Vance a year ago, Summerville had never started a varsity game. Playing in a complex passing offense, he started slowly but finished with a flourish. Vance reached the N.C. 4A Western Regional championship game and Summerville finished with 2,981 yards passing and 30 touchdowns.

That tied for the second-most touchdown passes in school history and was among the top 25 performances in Mecklenburg County history."

Perhaps he is a good student of the game. Only time will tell.

On a somewhat related note...Justin Gurth was named the Outstanding Offensive Lineman at the football banquet this year.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:05 pm

LUFAN wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:37 am
TMH wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm I understand. I think my point though was that a freshman can start and have success.

How many D1 freshman begin season as starter when they do not enroll early? Minuscule. This forum is painful for folks who actually know football.
Sorry for being a painful, casual fan. Is it ok for us to post on your forum?