Offers. Round 2

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
LUopa

Re: Offers. Round 2

Post by LUopa » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Spencer and Hope played youth football together- kids are tight. Hope was the most underrated kid in state. Still hopeful on a couple linemen PWO down here in Ga- all state types. I frankly can't believe we did so well in Ga. New DC stated he'll let players determine scheme...not other way around. Awaiting new DL coach announcement...there will be changes for good in program...can't wait for reports from y'all about spring football. Getting the numbers up will increase the competition in practice. I'll always believe it starts up front- OL/DL. Let's see what the spring game provides.

LehighGuy

Post by LehighGuy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm

One thing to add: if Summerville is the starter and can have a PL freshman of the year type season, I really am not surprised if we win the patriot league despite most fan’s opinions. However with that said if he doesn’t turn out idk what’s gonna happen with our team and if Monaco is really a option
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 pm

LehighGuy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 pm Let’s look at this:
QB: Nigel Summerville
RB1: Rashawn Allen
RB2: Nate Hope
WR1: Luke Christiano
WR2: Dambach/Bibbens
SLOT: Jorge Porrtreal
OL: I really can’t tell you lol
TE: Ian O’Connor
Nickel CB: Divine Buckram
CB: Marquis Wilson
CB: Jaylen Floyd
SS: Sam Mcloskey
FS: Brandon Spencer
LB: Keith Woetzel
LB: Pete Haffner
LB: Nate Norris
DL: Micheal Callahan
DL: Dean Colton
DL: Davis Maxie
DL: Jack Kircher
Since I know who these guys are I can personally say “this roster is talented enough to win the patriot league” but maybe that’s biased :D ;)
And this D is significantly improved because _______________?
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 pm

LehighGuy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm One thing to add: if Summerville is the starter and can have a PL freshman of the year type season, I really am not surprised if we win the patriot league despite most fan’s opinions. However with that said if he doesn’t turn out idk what’s gonna happen with our team and if Monaco is really a option
I'm sold on Summerville, especially if we can get one of these WRs.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8132490/5b ... 0f00a714d5

I like Monaco, too ...
LU808

Post by LU808 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Not sold on any freshman QB until he gets smacked in the mouth and can prove he can read 2nd and 3rd options.

Also helps to read a blitz package - not a lot of sophisticated Ds in high school.
TMH

Post by TMH » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Summerville seems to have all the tools although he is a bit on the short side. What's intriguing to me is that he got very little playing time in his first 2 years in HS. Then transfers to one of the top teams in the state and immediately starts. After adjusting to the new offense he throws 30 TD passes. After that season his HS converts to a run first offense.
It will be really interesting to see how the QB situation works itself out next year. It's always intriguing how talent gets re-evaluated under a new coach.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 am

Colin McMahon. TE/DE. 6'4 220. Jesuit HS. Portland Ore

A bevy of D2 offers. We are his 1st D1. Video shows a pretty athletic young man. Long and lean. A sure candidate for long sessions with the weights
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:28 am

Catching up on the thread a bit. A QB stepping in as a frosh uncommon at Lehigh or most anywhere else.
I think Monaco will serve well as our QB. First time starting senior QBs are more common at LU than a frosh starter. Most have done quite well.
Tyler does not have Brad's arm. He does have a good one. With the skill players we have, Tyler needs to be more of a manager than a star. Get the ball to the skill guys and have them star.Make the correct reads and minimize mistakes. Will we be a ground and pound run first O? Perhaps, but TG's history does not point that way. His Os at Cross were pass happy and wide open. Run game virtually nonexistent. Caveat, Cross rarely had good RBs. We do.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Stambaugh was the last freshman to start, and he did not take over the reins until about the 5th or 6th game that season. Very difficult to do as a freshman at a place like Lehigh. With a thick playbook (tablet?), the academics and transition, a lot to ask. I would expect Monaco will be #1 and see how things go.
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Technically, the last freshman to start as QB for Lehigh goes all the way back to Brad Mayes :-) who started 2 games for an injured Shafnisky very successfully. Before that it goes back to Nick Shafnisky who started the big Colgate game and led Lehigh to victory.