Ayir Asante to Holy Cross

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
Sundayamqb

Re: Ayir Asante to Holy Cross

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:01 pm

LUopa wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:49 am This is a recruiting model used by Ivies- get them on campus for weekend and close them on site with Mom and Dad there.
Nice for the universities, but it puts a lot of pressure on the kids (perhaps not as much this time of year).

Hopefully they are really sold on Lehigh, not just pressured into making a choice while on-campus.

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:16 pm

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Post by Go Lehigh TU Owl » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:18 pm

RichH wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:38 pm This is a new era with the NCAA tranfer portal. Historically we've gotten very few and even fewer JC kids. None have made much, if any , waves.
Who knows maybe we can. Fordham has a 6'3 295 DT coming from a football mill JC in Bklyn NY. He was a HS A-A in HS in NYC. From there to ASA JC. Think Last Chance U. And now he is going to Fordham.
Good for Fordham! They've had a lot of success with the transfers they have taken in. It hasn't been many but certainly enough to make a difference. I'm not too far from Lackwanna JC who produce P5 guys left and right. Even JMU's Schor passed through there. I bet there's 3-5 kids there that would succeed on the field and in the classroom at Lehigh.

Lehigh could sure use a developed 6'3 295 LB DT. Forham's defense has experienced the same trouble as Lehigh's. However with Cunningham at LB and an improved DL the Rams could take a jump. Like Lehigh, they severely underachieved in 2018 relative to their talent. They have athletes!
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 am

Speaking of transfers, Wagner just got Christian Alexander as a grad transfer. Starting QB for FIU.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Very tough to get transfers in from some of these other schools. Admissions won't allow a lot of their credits. PL schools are really strict. My daughter went one of our 'core' PL competitors and switched majors from BioChem to Bio, so it threw her sequence out of wack. So she took physics during the summer between junior and senior year here at Lehigh and got like a 92 average. The other school would only give her a "P" and not allow the grade to figure into her GPA! Really?
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Pure institutional pettiness. :x
NJLehighFan

Post by NJLehighFan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:02 pm

We have a new coach next year and now he has another scholarship to offer. I tend to agree that with injuries last year a lot of younger receivers already got field time and played well so WR is not one of our greatest needs anyway. I hope he still comes, but we move on if he chooses otherwise.