OFFERS

Back-to-back PL champs 2016 and 2017.... but need to get back to relevance in the national FCS scene.
RichH

Re: OFFERS

Post by RichH » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Vast difference in early offers for sure.. Past 4 -5 years.we didnt even have double digit junior offers . I get cranky but dont overreact . Actually this is fairly common . Every year that Ive been doing this.the early returns are pretty similar.. Around a third go to Elsewhere U. Many are reaches. Heck, you never know. We do get a few now and then. We have a long way to go yet in this cycle. Andy is going to need a large class next year..Hence more offers. There will be more as high schools wrap up their years. The early signing period has to a certain degree moved the entire cycle earlier.

RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Dobbs. LB. Holy Cross

Updated list today. A cap to a week of bad news.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Rich just a quick note to thank you for keeping us all up to date on the program and recruitng. I'm more of a basketball guy but of course root for Lehigh football just a hard.... I just don't know nearly as much about football. I really appreciate all you do.

That said, I have a grandson who just went through the recruiting process as a low level division baseball one prospect. The pressure on these kids is ridiculous. Obviously some feel it more than others. But way up there on the list of things kids are looking for is: 1) a school they feel comfortable at, #2 coaches they think can make them better, and #3 facilities. I'm biased of course and think every one would feel comfortable at our alma mater. But #2 and 3# compared with the CAA or Big South? Or the rest of the Patriot league? Right now I don't know.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks Jim.
I realize Lehigh wont get even half of the kids offered. Yet it still amazes me that kids pick somewhere else. :D
We do have a niche for recruiting. Nor nearly as well defined as it was 10 years ago but still there. I agree with your list of priorities. It is difficult to ascribe a value to each for individual prospects. Holy Cross is having great early success in getting some very good players. Vibrant new HC and very impressive brand new athletic facilities no doubt have weighed heavily in their success.
Our facilities?? Mid pack in the PL. Holy Cross and Lafayette are very impressive.
Andy has done quite well the last 2 classes bringing in a lot of talented players. Schollies have helped us win a few more vs the Ivies and CAA but we still lose more than we win. Back to back Titles a very nice achievement but rendered rather less meaningful given our atrocious performance in the playoffs and last year in our OOC games. The increasing drag of an increasingly bad D over the last 5 years has has greatly diminished Lehigh's national reputation in FCS football. Our O gets kudos every year with the ever present ".... but the defense"
Recruiting will not be easy this year, if we follow the same pattern. Sterrett faces some stark realities if that happens yet again.It virtually mandates change.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Wheeler. LB. Richmond
I will bump list and update tomorrow.
Geez what a week. Hope practice is going better than recruiting. ;)
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Jyair Thomas to Monmouth
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:53 pm

RichH wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:29 pm
RichH wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:50 pm
RichH wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:23 pm Those verballing elsewhere.

Youngblood. Ath. Temple
Calzada. QB. Teaxas A&M
Smart. DL. Wake Forest
Norton. QB. FIU
Watkins. QB. Nova
Watson. WR. UD
George. LB. Pitt
Smith. TE. Duke
Butash. QB. Holy Cross
McCormick Ath. Furman
Dawsey. Ath Harvard
MacDonald. OL. ODU
Ntoh. RB. Harvard
Morin. Ath Wake Forest
Harley. DB. Elon
Sanders. DB. Elon
Morris. TE. Holy Cross
Hope. RB. Dartmouth
Foster. TE. Ohio
Painton. TE. Columbia
Dobbs. LB. Holy Cross
Thomas. Ath. Monmouth
Updated today .7/28
Cross cleaning our clock so far.smh
Bump.
7/30
Bump. 8/16
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:05 pm

Tim Weaver. OL. 6'5 285. Saucon Valley HS

Almost all Ivies and PL teams
UVA Akron Buffalo W&M UR. Monmouth. UNH. YSU. Liberty. Duquesne.
We are late to the party but about time we offered this young man.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:41 pm

Cole Matthiesen WR/DE 6'4 220 St.Albans HS DC

Also a starter on bbball. video is good. Very athletic with some speed. But, Coach Roberts is the guy so guess D.

no info on other offers as of now.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Hank Shapiro '20. QB. 6'2. 205 Westfield HS. NJ

First offer. Of many more I have no doubt..