Patriot League Champions

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
Justafan

Patriot League Champions

Post by Justafan » Sun May 05, 2024 3:26 pm

What a game!! That was a hard fought game. Lehigh never gave up.

Lehigh 11-10 over Boston U.

The selection show is 9:30 tonight on ESPN2.

They will announce 17 teams which includes 1 play-in game.

ngineer

Re: Patriot League Champions

Post by ngineer » Sun May 05, 2024 7:10 pm

Tremendous game. What a comeback and 'never say die' mentality. Down 10-6 with about 8 minutes to go and Lehigh runs off 5 unanswered goals, with the game winner with a shade over a minute remaining. Way to go men! Do some damage in the NCAA's!
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Sun May 05, 2024 10:10 pm

Lehigh gets #3 seed Johns Hopkins at noon next Sunday.
grad81

Post by grad81 » Mon May 06, 2024 1:38 pm

Like the match up with Hopkins. Navy beat them earlier in the year. The team is on a roll and playing with a lot of confidence. Congrats to Will and his staff and the entire team. He should have been the unquestioned coach of the year in the Patriot League! Keep it going!
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon May 13, 2024 10:28 am

Heartbreaking loss. Hung tough all the way. I am not a lacrosse geek, but it seemed to me that 'pulling the goalie' with the "10 man ride" was overaggressive at that point in time. We were only down one goal, but allowing the open netter to go down two seemed to deflate the team. I understand the mentality of trying to tie it up, but I felt we still had sufficient time to get the tying goal without having to take such a risk. I was surprised the Hopkins player was so wide open to get off a long range shot without harassment if the ride was being employed. It was still a great season for the team and the coach in his first rodeo. Team seems youngish, so I hope we're back in it, again, next year.