Bucknell 12-10

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
RichH

Bucknell 12-10

Post by RichH » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:24 pm

Started down 3. BU is not a good team. Sloppy start to finish. Enough, disgusted.
That's a wrap for this team. So much potential. Early injuries hurt but we focused on inconsistency this year. Disappointing.

grad81

Re: Bucknell 12-10

Post by grad81 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Yes, unfortunately this team is going in the wrong direction at the wrong time of year. I was not able to watch the game but saw the stats. Dominated on face offs and shots but their goalie was better than ours. Can't comment on the quality of shots by either team but a save percentage of 40% won't get it done. Their goalie was at 60%. Tough road game coming up at Holy Cross. This last two weeks starting with the Loyola loss have been disheartening. I think all of the injuries, etc. have caught up with them. They appear to have run out of gas. That said, no excuses but there is not another D1program in the country that has had the number of season ending injuries to key people than Lehigh. Hard to see any team overcoming that. Unfortunately, they now have to rebuild after what was supposed to be a very promising season. Who knows, maybe they will find their mojo again when the tournament starts. We can only hope!
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:41 pm

I sure hope so 81.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:01 pm

Saw part most of the game on TV and some post game commentary. Seems like Bucky came in psyched knowing they had to win to stay alive for just getting in the tourney. The start, lilke Loyola, was horrible. Bucky took us to the wood shed. Things settled down but we never really got a run going. Army gave Loyola a first half scare, but the Hounds came back. Just too much overall talent. Still a shot at a #2 seed, which would be nice to get that first round bye and rest up.