PL Title

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
RichH

PL Title

Post by RichH » Sun May 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Army 3-0 after one. Yet another slow start for us.

RichH

Re: PL Title

Post by RichH » Sun May 05, 2019 1:11 pm

:D :D. Well we sure woke up in the 2nd. 5-3 for us.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun May 05, 2019 2:14 pm

Army 9-7 mid 4th. A 6-2 run for Cadets.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun May 05, 2019 2:34 pm

That's a wrap.
Army 11-7

Not the season we expected at all. Given all our injuries we did OK. The injuries to our inside D forced frosh into roles they were not yet ready for. The expanded PT likely will help next year. We lose a very talented senior class.
grad81

Post by grad81 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:33 pm

Tough one. Looked like they had it under control but turnovers again, especially in the 4th quarter, did them in. Gaffney dominate (18 of 22) and they were on top in most of the statistical categories except the one that counts. That said, this team should get a lot of credit for how they battled all year. I will also say that lacrosse officiating is at best inconsistent and at worst pathetic. The slashing call on McIlroy in the 4th quarter was as bad as it gets. The subsequent man up goal allowed Army to tie it. Late in the game and down by two the official does not call an obvious push from behind and they lose possession and the floodgates open. Was a tall task today to beat Army but they didn't need the extra help.

Lehigh obviously will lose a lot of talent to graduation. It will be interesting to see if Petitt takes a medical redshirt and returns next year or plays for another school. They have a number of talented underclassmen on defense as well as offense. The significant playing time they got this year due to all the injuries can only help next season.

Congrats to Chick for becoming the NCAA leader in caused turnovers (160). Pretty awesome.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sun May 05, 2019 10:22 pm

I gave up complaining about PL officiating. Particularly when you are the away team . Next year will be an adventure. :D
grad81

Post by grad81 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:11 am

I agree. No use complaining about the officiating, however, I was not just referring to the Patriot League. It is uniformly bad in every conference!
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon May 06, 2019 9:38 am

Other than ACC and a few B10 games, I havent seen a lot of other conferences. ACC refs do appear a level above ours. May just be the higher overall level of play but dont see many ticky tack calls in those games.

Much different team next year. More athletic but very very young. Looking for Douglas and Hicks to step up.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue May 07, 2019 1:27 pm

I think the slashing call was horrific. The one minute man up almost always results in a goal and with it Army got the momentum back by tying the game. While I agree that we still had the opportunity to stave off the Knights, games such as lacrosse and football run alot on momentum and when an official makes a call that significantly changes the complexion of the game, without basis, it is disheartening. The team was alot like the wrestling team dealing with a ton of significant injuries to key players. Coach did a heck of a job getting them to the finals.
oldskoollax

Post by oldskoollax » Sat May 11, 2019 7:31 am

Congratulations to Craig Chick for breaking the NCAA record for caused turnovers finishing his career with 160 CT. In addition he broke his own single season record this year with 43 CT. Finished his career with 224 GB. More impressive his the way his teammates talk about what a great leader he is.