Fall Scrimmage

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
TMH

Fall Scrimmage

Post by TMH » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:20 pm

I know it's early and it's fall but whenever Lehigh defeats Syracuse in lacrosse, I take notice. We capped a very good fall season with a 14-10 victory over the Orangemen and Pettit doesn't seem to be active yet.

Here are the accumulative quarter by quarter scores from the W over Syracuse.
After Q1: 5-2
After Q2: 7-6
After Q3: 11-6
FINAL: 14-10

Here is what the organizers said about our other fall matchups

Lehigh emerged from the event as the clear top team at this point in the fall. Which, is in one way surprising given the graduations from last year’s squad, but also not considering the young players who got minutes as a result of injuries. The Mountain Hawks beat Marist, 23-10, then Hofstra, 14-6.

The biggest revelation was the play of Tommy Schelling, the sophomore attackman. He was highly touted out of Delbarton, N.J., ranked No. 64 in the Power 100, and he had a successful freshman campaign. Clearly, as a sophomore, he’s been empowered to be a leader of the offense and just had another level of poise and confidence. He had at least a hat trick against Marist and a pair against Hofstra, plus several assists. He played well with newcomer Christian Mule, a former Duke commit who switched to Lehigh this summer.

Sophomore Matt Marker always seemed to be putting the ball in the net. Sophomore Judah Hicks has taken a step forward at pole; he was reportedly out shooting the night before in an empty stadium. The duo of Anthony Tangredi and Matt Douglas should pick right up on D.

Mike Sisselberger was back with the team at the face-off X after missing the 2019 season; he had a pair of goals and just continues to be impossible to knock off the ball after he wins.

The Mountain Hawks scrimmage Syracuse later in the month, which should provide a measuring stick of where they fall nationally.

RichH

Re: Fall Scrimmage

Post by RichH » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:49 am

Nice recap. Best news for me is Douglas stepping on D and Hicks at LS.
I have no doubt we will score. These young men can bring our D up to a much higher level.
How well our Middies develop is our biggest issue.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:51 am

Nice recap. Best news for me is Douglas stepping on D and Hicks at LS.
I have no doubt we will score. These young men can bring our D up to a much higher level.
How well our Middies develop is our biggest issue.
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:51 am

If Hicks, who has amazing upside if he stays healthy, is to be our LSM, does 2 X PL 2nd team Leggett move into Chick's spot. If so, we will be small but amazingly quick on D IMO.

Christian Mule may be a name to watch this spring. With Pettit and Schellenberger, this looks to be a really potent A. Time will tell.