6 More Days

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
TMH

6 More Days

Post by TMH » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:09 pm

As I'm looking out the window at the snow I'm reminded that it only 6 more days until our other Top 20 team takes the field. First match Utah at home.

On a side note, from a very good source, the women's team may feature an all freshman attack simply because they are that good.

grad81

Re: 6 More Days

Post by grad81 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:29 pm

Heard through the grapevine that the St. Joe's scrimmage last Saturday went well for three quarters and then the team ran out of gas in the 4Q and made a ton of bad decisions which is bound to happen early in the season. In any event, they were up big through most of the game but held on barely in the 4th. The coaches felt that it was a good lesson to learn before heading into the season, especially given all of the new additions to the roster. They have a lot of talent but many have not been tested yet. Leggett, Klose, Monitto and Hagenberger did not play due to various minor injuries. All are expected to play in the opener vs. Utah, except Hagenberger who is still recovering from knee surgery last season and is expected back in a few more weeks. Pettit is good to go.

Watched some of the Utah game vs. Bellarmine which the Utes won easily. They will not be an easy opponent by any stretch and hopefully the team will not be looking ahead to UVA. Utah is not NJIT! They have a number of transfers who can play and they are more advanced than what you would expect from a second year program. The Hawks will need to be ready and focused and bring it for all four quarters. Excited for the season to start!
TMH

Post by TMH » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Thanks for your input. I certainly value your insight so keep it coming.

I hadn't heard anything on the St Joe's scrimmage so I'm not sure how liberally they substituted and when. I did know that they had a very impressive fall season with a lot progress from relatively new faces. One of our problems in the past has always been periodic letdowns so it's good to address that now.

Utah is a weird team to figure out. They were 5-10 last year with 3 of their wins coming by 1 goal. Yet , I think they were beating Duke at the half last year. They certainly aren't NJIT but Bellarine who they beat 16-10 may be on that level. I think Lehigh has the capability to be explosive this year but we will get a clearer picture on Saturday.
van

Post by van » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:25 pm

having Petit back a huuuuge plus