Home Opener Saturday!

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
ngineer

Home Opener Saturday!

Post by ngineer » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:21 pm

LAX team opens season at home versus University of Utah tomorrow at 1 p.m. at Ulrich Stadium. Preseason ranked at #19 team needs a good start as they travel to preseason favorite Virginia after that on 2/15. Hopefully, we avoid the injury bug this year that impacted last year's up and down season.

TMH

Re: Home Opener Saturday!

Post by TMH » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 pm

The women begin today at 3:00 against Iona
TMH

Post by TMH » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:05 pm

The Lehigh women open their season on a very positive note defeating Iona 16-5
van

Post by van » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:42 pm

FR attack carried a lot of the O, not sure how good Iona is, but a reason for optimism on the season
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Utah
Trying to watch on PLN. Great pictire no sound. Up 2-1.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:28 pm

Final. LU 16-11
Never got any audio. Takeaway. Schelling might be pretty good. :D I hope Utah is good. Virginia up next.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:32 pm

I thought the same thing too, then realized I hadn't hovered over the left corner of the screen to reveal the 'sound' icon, which was muted. No problem after that. Utah is a 'new' program, but they have a good number of transfers and very good recruits. Last year, they played Duke to a one goal deficit at halftime before losing by 'a few' . Did win five games last year, but a good opener type game. Next week will be the 'real' mesuring stick at UVA.
van

Post by van » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:26 pm

thought the D was a bit shaky in the first 8 minutes or so, but solid play all around after that
TMH

Post by TMH » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Someone needs to explain to me why in college basketball, the men play two halves and the women play 4 quarters and in lacrosse the women play two halves and the men play four quarters. Inquiring minds want to know :-)

Iona is not a very good team. I think they won once last year. However, it is always good to see our teams not play down to the competition. Strangely, I seem to remember that they came out on fire at the beginning of both halves , I think scoring 3 times in the 1st 5 minutes each but then seemed to take their foot off the gas each time. The young guns however will be fun to watch and after a slow start, the defense looked much improved.
Side note: Former Radnor star Julianne Puckette transfered to Villanova
grad81

Post by grad81 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Good opening day win against a pretty good Utah team. I agree that the defense was a little shaky early on and Spence was not seeing the ball well early in the game, but both improved measurably in the second half. Understandable that there would be kinks to work out the first game of the season. The offense moved the ball well and Schelling had a monster game obviously. I think this team has a lot of depth, more so than in prior years, as a significant number of guys got playing time including freshman and sophomores. Both the man up and man down units did a very good job.

Against UVA, they will have to cut down on the turnovers and will need to have better wing play on face offs. Too many times, Connor won the move but was stripped of the ball and Utah seemed to get most of the resulting groundballs. I think Connor deserved to be better than 16-10 at the X. Anyway, this team will be fun to watch and it will be interesting to see what kind of game they give the defending national champs who ran away from Loyola early in their game yesterday and held on to win 12-9. Army destroyed a ranked UMass team 17-4 so they are going to be tough again this year.