Navy

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
RichH

Navy

Post by RichH » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:27 pm

W. 14-6
A relatively slow start with way too much sloppy play by us. Down 5-4 well into 2nd. Team out scored Navy 10-1 thereafter. Spence made a couple of spectacular saves. Hicks did yeoman work on the D. Attack and Middies settled in and dominated the rest of the game.

van

Re: Navy

Post by van » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:42 pm

big contribution from Middies today, good sign for the future
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:45 pm

same MO as prior games...the slow start and way too many TOs plus I was amazed how many times we missed the net in the 1st half.
On the plus side, we controlled the FO once again and finshed the game in great fashion.

It's always great to start the PL out with a win and the Academies can never be taken lightly

This could be an intriguing season. I would have gone but it's cold and windy . Those metal bleachers get tougher as I age :-)
grad81

Post by grad81 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:51 pm

The offense took awhile to figure out Navy’s defense and there wasn’t enough ball movement in the first half. Clearly they adjusted nicely in the second half. That said, they don’t have many guys who are capable of beating their man one on one, especially up top, and forcing the other team to slide. I think part of the issue yesterday is that Navy as a team, doesn’t slide much. Much better in the second half, however, but against strong defensive teams like Army, they are going to have to be more creative.

Defense and Spence again started slow but both were excellent after the first quarter. It seems like it takes Spence a quarter to see the ball but he was on top of his game after he settled in. Part of the issue was giving up three man down goals early. Navy clearly couldn’t generate anything 6 on 6 - they only had 2 even strength goals the whole game. Defense was stellar when they didn’t have a player in the box.

Gaffney and Sisselburger were dominant and congrats to Gaffney for setting the career PL ground ball record. Also, I don’t think there is anyone better in the country on picking up ground balls than Leggett. He is something to watch.

Time for a little payback against Holy Cross next Saturday. They shouldn’t be taken lightly. Can’t afford to look ahead to Army and Penn State. All very tough games coming up!
jess

Post by jess » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:26 am

Test