Lehigh 14 Laughyette 7

Can Lehigh get back to the NCAA postseason?
ngineer

Lehigh 14 Laughyette 7

Post by ngineer » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:06 pm

I game that was getting me nervous as the Leotards kept nipping at our heels. Then, a fourth quarter explosion! Liked how the team responded each time the 'pards would inch closer. Youngsters filling in have done a nice job. Hope the mojo keeps rolling!

Richb-3

Re: Lehigh 14 Laughyette 7

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:06 pm

Watching that game, was there not an official running track at Fisher field? I swear they put it in and took it out before.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:03 pm

Sitting here reading your comment, I cannot see in my mind's eye a field without a track...but I am so used to having seen a track around Fisher that I might be imagining it!
grad81

Post by grad81 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:19 am

A nice win even though the team really didn't wake up until the 4th quarter. The defense was playing a little loose in the first half and we gave up several transition goals. If not for excellent goal tending from Spence and poor shooting from Lafayette, we easily could have been trailing at half. Did a nice job clamping down in the second half. Lafayette has some kids who can play, especially on the offensive end, so the team did a good job shutting them down after halftime. They will have to turn it up a notch this Sunday vs. Bucknell who led Army late in the game last weekend only to give up three late goals. Looks like Bucknell is not particularly good at x so hopefully Sunday will be a good day for Sisselberger.

There is no track at Fisher Field although the perimeter could be mistaken for one.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:04 pm

They have had a track in their off campus fields. But there was definite a marked track at Fisher field. I assume it had Jumps. But where could they have had nearby throw events. Still designed by Lafayette engineers, so. remnants of the track are there, but no longer could it be official.
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:12 pm

I was pretty sure Lafayette always played their lacrosse matches off of Sullivan Trail but that may have changed. I know they play soccer and field hockey there as well baseball. softball and I thought track.