Lafayette....the ultimate trap game?

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
jimk72

Lafayette....the ultimate trap game?

Post by jimk72 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:32 pm

I'm a poor substitute for Lehigh65, but here goes.....

With the Spotted Kitties recent tribulations will we be over confident tonight and look past this game? After the fierce battle and our narrow escape back on January 2 at Stabler I can't imagine we will be. The 'Pards are a lot better than their record and the intimate setting of Kirby is usually tough for us.

Pomeroy agrees:

Despite the records (LU 13-6....LC 5-14) Kenpom ratings have us only a 5 point favorite. Projected score 83-78. Vegas and other books consensus lines agree at -4.5. ESPN Gamecast gives us a 70% chance of winning.

Lafayette went off for 48.3% from distance in the first game to make it a nail biter. With this in mind I'm hoping we finally play a compete 60 minutes of defense, particularly against the 3. If we do, this should be a comfortable win. Got my tickets, my coldest weather heavy duty coat, and high hopes. And hoping to have plenty of company in Easton despite the weather. Plenty of good seats still available!

van

Re: Lafayette....the ultimate trap game?

Post by van » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:00 pm

Pards played with a sense of urgency right from the whistle last time and did not let up for 40 minutes, we will need our A game tonight
Lehigh65

Post by Lehigh65 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:37 pm

Thanks for the preview Jimk.

Presently far south of the border and hoping my internet connection holds true. GO LU!
van

Post by van » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:57 pm

WOW, has Andree made a basket yet? never seen him miss like this
van

Post by van » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:18 pm

makes his first basket at 5 min to go
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:10 pm

Jordan Cohen...33 points with only 1 3 pointer
13 of 16 inside the paint. This 2 monster games in a row.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:19 pm

Wow. Hell of a game. We sure give up lots of points. Cohen took the game over in OT. Comical watching Pards try to keep up with him.
I will have to get my defibrillator up and ready . :D
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 am

Just got back from Easton. I must say the atmosphere at Kirby is warm and friendly from their fans to custodial staff. Then the game starts and its all different on the court. Rough and tumble, and what a game it was. Somehow we bring out the best and worst in them. Pards averaging 37.6 from 3 for the year and knock down almost 43% tonight, as well as knocking a number of people over on various screens to get open. They also had 18 turnovers. But....

The Jordan Cohen "All League" show continues. 33 crucial points on 14-19 from the field, 4-5 from the line, including 14 of our 18 points in overtime. If you watched on PLN you saw an unstoppable JC score our last 10 points on straight clearouts and remarkable mano-mano drives. LC simply had no defensive answer. And they knew it.

We escape a very good young team, again. Jaworski particularly a very real pain in the patoot, and very good opponent. Post game radio show revelation; Kyle Leufroy is the first Lehigh player in the basketball rivalry to go a perfect 8-0 against our neighbor to the east. And a horse Brett Reed still not happy with our spurts of defensive unconsciousness. "We have to get better, even if its a little bit at a time." But he's still happy with a Patriot league win, particularly on the road.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm

That was a tough and good win. Arch rival in their house is never easy. Cohen was in a zone I cannot recall having seen years. I loved Brett clearing out the other four in OT and letting Cohen put on his show."When you're hot you're hot." The center is really starting to show some muscle and moves. ONly a sophomore, he and an improved Lynch can really be force for next couple years. Was glad to see the team respond to a good punch to the jaw when the Leotards came out on fire to start the second half. Took the shot and then fought back. Tied with Bucky, again.
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:50 pm