LU - Colgate

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
Lehigh65

Re: LU - Colgate

Post by Lehigh65 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:43 pm

We lose by 22
CU points off turnovers 28
LU points off turnovers 6
'nuff said!

We had no answer for CU's Ivanauskas Rapolas - scores 33 (nearly at will) and boards 10

KL goes scoreless for first time this year

Joe Foley, PG of the future, shines again in limited action. As does JW.

CU launches 3's (and hits one) with 3:30 to go and up by 20+. Something to remember I might suggest.

Tired performance. Glad we get a four day break before hosting Navy on Saturday. Much need time to prepare and lick our wounds. Scoreboard watching becomes the order of the day on Wednesday as Bucky (8-2) travels to LOM (4-6), HC (3-7) hosts Army 6-4), Navy (4-6) welcomes in AU (6-4), and LC (2-8) heads to Boston (4-6). Gotta love this time of year as the Playoffs approach. You soon become fans of other teams and pull for them in what would otherwise be meaningless games. For example, on Wednesday: GO Navy! GO HC!

jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 am

Glad I missed this stinker. I expect to be there Saturday for the turn around.
Last edited by jimk72 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:37 am

Ugly! I kept watching thinking they might get close ... Rough night for KL -- 4 TOs, too.

We actually outshot Colgate: 48-46.2 percent. But 21-8 TOs!
van

Post by van » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 am

shoot 48% and only score 62, somebody needs to look in a mirror
lfnadmin

Post by lfnadmin » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 am

What does everyone think about the 2-day turnaround for Patriot League games in this instance? You can argue that both teams had the same disadvantage but I get the impression that the two-day turnaround after a tough, emotional win over Army was pretty tough on the Mountain Hawks and it's not surprising that there was a hangover. Colgate came into this game losing at home to BU and definitely focused on sweeping Lehigh, and they did so.

Just interesting to me because if this wasn't a TV game and played on Wednesday instead, maybe the outcome is different.
StablerBum

Post by StablerBum » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 pm

lfnadmin wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 am What does everyone think about the 2-day turnaround for Patriot League games in this instance? You can argue that both teams had the same disadvantage but I get the impression that the two-day turnaround after a tough, emotional win over Army was pretty tough on the Mountain Hawks and it's not surprising that there was a hangover. Colgate came into this game losing at home to BU and definitely focused on sweeping Lehigh, and they did so.

Just interesting to me because if this wasn't a TV game and played on Wednesday instead, maybe the outcome is different.
Hard to use that excuse when your opponent had a 3.5 hour drive and you are at home.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:06 pm

Most of the TO's reflected lack of focus and lackadaisical play; trying to force things that weren't there. Why continue to have the small guards going under the basket? One of the worst performances of a Lehigh team that I can remember. Better be a wake-up call.
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 pm

StablerBum wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 pm
lfnadmin wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:29 am What does everyone think about the 2-day turnaround for Patriot League games in this instance? You can argue that both teams had the same disadvantage but I get the impression that the two-day turnaround after a tough, emotional win over Army was pretty tough on the Mountain Hawks and it's not surprising that there was a hangover. Colgate came into this game losing at home to BU and definitely focused on sweeping Lehigh, and they did so.

Hard to use that excuse when your opponent had a 3.5 hour drive and you are at home.
+1