Game 30 - AWP

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
jimk72

Re: Game 30 - AWP

Post by jimk72 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:13 pm

Other than the win, Brett not very happy with quality of play (per post game interview). As already observed above way too much me-me-me iso offense. When the threes didn't drop, working for a good shot went out the window. A renewed defense most of the second half coupled with really poor Army foul shooting gave us a chance to win it at the foul line. Karnick a key in keeping Army rebounding at bay, particularly second half.

All this gives us one more chance to finally play to our potential. We've seen flashes earlier in the year. I've got my seat four rows back of our bench for Sunday in Lewisburg. Plenty of seats behind the baskets left right now, but not much else. So if you plan to go......better get to it. Hope to see you there!
Bison_137

Post by Bison_137 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:26 am

jimk72 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:13 pm I've got my seat four rows back of our bench for Sunday in Lewisburg. Plenty of seats behind the baskets left right now, but not much else. So if you plan to go......better get to it. Hope to see you there!

With the students, including all the sports teams, gone for spring break, the game will not be anywhere close to a sellout.
Lehigh65

Post by Lehigh65 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:03 am

Live by the “3,” die by the “3.” That’s certainly true unless, as we showed last night, you have no place else to turn. Thankfully, we did. A suffocating defense (wish it had shown its face earlier) held Army to 29 points on 8 made baskets in the second half), a strong interior presence– willing to take it to the rim on “O” and take our lumps on “D,” Captain Cohen’s inspired play (he’s certainly not ready to go home yet) and our ability to get to and hit from the line was all that was needed last night to catch AWP by the mid-point of the second half and later put away in the closing minutes. Yes, we went 4 for 23 from long distance (17.4%), but Army had their troubles there, too, going 5 for 27. Perhaps they had better check the baskets for their alignment (seriously) before the next game, seeing the way Karnick swung from the rims after each dunk. While the 3’s weren’t falling, it’s only fair to note that we remain, after last night’s ugly performance, the best 3-pointing shooting team in America @ 42.5%. Something else that worked well last night was our ability to get to the line. There we executed near flawlessly, hitting 29 of 33. It raised our season long/30 game hit rate to a not too shabby 77.1% from the line, good for 10th best among the nation’s 341 teams.

On to Lewisburg. Ya kinda knew that was coming from Day 1.
van

Post by van » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:42 am

yeah, well with out from the hiccups, Bison should be coming to Saucon Valley
Travis23

Post by Travis23 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Jmk. Where did u get your tickets through. I went on Lehigh page shortly after the game. I could only get seats at top behind bench. I had to go through bucknell and got tickets acceoss the court from bench row f. Lehigh wasn’t giving me any options to sit lower on Lehigh side
Bison_137

Post by Bison_137 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:08 pm

Travis23 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:47 pm Jmk. Where did u get your tickets through. I went on Lehigh page shortly after the game. I could only get seats at top behind bench. I had to go through bucknell and got tickets acceoss the court from bench row f. Lehigh wasn’t giving me any options to sit lower on Lehigh side
Don't know how Lehigh is handling this game, but I know when I try to buy tickets from Lehigh online that they always hold back a lot of the better seats. I have taken to buying them at Stabler an hour before the game and getting much better seats than they offered online.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:45 pm

I went to the Bucknell site last night after our game. They had one single seat four rows in back of our bench and I only need one. At the time there were about 10 to 15 seats left further up in that section and that was it. Almost nothing left on the sides as of this writing. Behind the baskets and corners still have plenty of seats.
Travis23

Post by Travis23 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Nice. I’m sitting section Q
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Hello Trav....Two single seats left in that section. Hopefully we are competitive. Would love another shot at The Red Raiders (also know years ago as The Tube)........