18-19 MBB Season Recap

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
RichH

Re: 18-19 MBB Season Recap

Post by RichH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:29 am

Sundayamqb wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 pm I remember after the Army win, perhaps, one of the players -- JW, I think was talking about how Doc talked all the time about the importance and focus of paying D.

Clearly, the strategy being employed is not working with top teams.

That said, more depth allows for more aggressive D -- and more opportunities to be aggressive and commit fouls.

I like the potential offense next year. It's the year to make things happen, but there's got to be depth throughout the year.

Andree and Cohen are two top-notch players and have the potential to provide great senior leadership. Three rising sophomores and two rising juniors showed their mettle this year. Add in a couple of question marks and a freshman or two and you've got the makings of a great team.

But it seems we say this before almost every year.
+1

phillychuck

Re: 18-19 MBB Season Recap

Post by phillychuck » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:50 am

Colgate has almost everyone back next season. It's not going to be easy.

I always say that Lehigh seems to play very hard on defense without accomplishing much. Teams are so good offensively these days if you let them drive and dish, they're going to get open 3s from at least decent shooters. We don't take away 3s, we don't force turnovers, we don't defend the rim, we just play really hard until the opponent gets a good shot about 20 seconds into the shot clock. The philosophy needs to change somehow.

Play Karnik/Andree, JWilson, MWilson, Bennett, and Cohen together and you have a reasonable defensive unit. Might be able to create some TOs with that group if you coach up that philosophy.