Caleb Bennett

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
Mhawk37

Re: Caleb Bennett

Post by Mhawk37 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Hawk- unfortunately I don't have any intel for you. I do like Pat as a player (as you have no doubt seen in my posts that you took the time to go back and read all at once) and don't like this coaching staff. I thought the Duke win was a sign of great things to come and have been profoundly disappointed since then. I don't think i'm the only one who probably feels that way. I fully expect Pat to be back, and thought Reed and others have said he will be back this year because he did pick a masters program. As we just saw with CB though, who knows.

In regards to my posts, I felt our bigs get singled out a lot when things go wrong so I did focus on the guards. Looking back on those posts though, I'm a little embarrassed myself at how swept up in things I got this year and how hard I went at our guards, got to remember they're all college kids and several of them had great years. I'm a natural complainer. I'll make sure not to try to comment in the heat of the moment, next year and in years to come. Although I can't promise not to complain about the staff.

TMH

Post by TMH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Did I miss something on PA? The last time I talked to him he was coming back here for grad school. That was about 2 months ago though.
Travis23

Post by Travis23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 pm

I don’t think it was ever confirmed pat will be back. But I could be wrong. Losing Caleb. Does that open up a schollie position. I know for this year we have none left.
Hawk85

Post by Hawk85 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 am

MHawk37,

I'm curious about a few statements you've made that I was surprised by:

“removing Andree from the equation isn’t the fix to the defense reed always makes it seems it is”

and

“I felt our bigs get singled out a lot when things go wrong so I did focus on the guards.”

What news sources are the rest of us missing where we can get insight to what Reed thinks of the players? I am certainly missing it as I can't say I've ever heard Reed criticize Andree or any other player. Let me know....if Reed is denigrating players, I might jump on your bandwagon.
Mhawk37

Post by Mhawk37 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 pm

Simple explanations. Statement 1- maybe you weren’t actually watching the broadcasts this year but Andree lost his starting spot mid year for a game and both the CBS Sports Network announcers and PLN announcers made reference to the fact in different games that Reed had told them that he had been removed for a defensive switch (or something along those lines). He also was removed in a lot of defensive situations.

Statement 2- I wasn’t attributing that to Reed. If you go back and look at the early posts in the forum (which you seem to like doing) there was a lot of chatter that rebounding and our bigs play was going to be and was the issue with our struggles. I didn’t see it that way.

Regardless, I have grown tired of our back and forth. I don’t want to monopolize this forum (this was a post that started about CB) You speak a lot about my motivations, accusations that are entirely off base (comically so), but I do wonder who created an account two days after the season was over, after forum discussion had largely died down to specifically engage those who were being most critical.

Anyway, I’m on to baseball season. Go Phil’s. Good luck to all Lehigh spring sports. I hope that to your point we’re on the same bandwagon next year. I promise I’ll be more positive. :)
Hawk85

Post by Hawk85 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:21 pm

" but I do wonder who created an account two days after the season was over, after forum discussion had largely died down to specifically engage those who were being most critical."

No reason to wonder, I'll tell you. Like you, I also follow the basketball program closely. Have been visiting the site for years reading what people had to say. Agreed with most postings, disagreed with some, but I really didn't feel like I had anything to add. That changed once you joined the forum and started posting. Your posts seemed different than anything I had seen before. Quite frankly your criticisms appeared to be personal, malicious and didn't reflect what I was seeing. Hence, I created an account so that I could ask you a few questions and see if I could understand your perspective. I did not attack you, I just asked you what I think is a fair question given your claim that Lehigh had the best talent and criticism of coach and guards. You chose not to answer the question and instead said it was culture. Culture is vague, but you went on to describe what sounds like what I saw from this Lehigh team...get the ball to the open man and get everybody involved. But, you assigned this culture to Colgate and Bucknell. I've watched these teams played, and given your guidelines for culture, I would say Langel's culture is better described by "if your name isn't Rap, Burns, or Ray don't bother to shoot" and JB is alot closer to LT than KR. Bucknell is a little better, but McKenzie and Sestina take the vast majority of shots. Just to be clear, I am not criticizing Langel or Davis...I think they are both good coaches and Davis might be the best in the league.

To be clear, I created an account and started participating specifically to engage you and understand where you could possibly be coming from. So far, I can't say that you've done a lot to ease my concerns. But I look forward to your future postings...it certainly makes this forum interesting.
Travis23

Post by Travis23 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm

No idea what’s going on in here. I can’t speak for anyone but myself. But I was introduced to this board a few years ago. Love coming on here. Always looking forward to new info and topics shared. I know the offseason is a slow time but I still need my hoops fix with talk lol. Anyway let’s keep the personal stuff away from here. I don’t want to see this board come to an end or anything. I really like listening to people’s thoughts on here.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Travis23 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm No idea what’s going on in here. I can’t speak for anyone but myself. But I was introduced to this board a few years ago. Love coming on here. Always looking forward to new info and topics shared. I know the offseason is a slow time but I still need my hoops fix with talk lol. Anyway let’s keep the personal stuff away from here. I don’t want to see this board come to an end or anything. I really like listening to people’s thoughts on here.
Agreed Trav.
Not many rules here. Agree, disagree .. argue your opinions. Be as passionate as you want. Sniping, personal attacks are unnecessary and should not be on this board.