Caleb Bennett

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
Travis23

Caleb Bennett

Post by Travis23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Just announced via twitter he is leaving. I’m shocked. No idea why. Figured he be in for a big role next year. Not good

Travis23

Re: Caleb Bennett

Post by Travis23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:52 pm

I can’t recall anyon we lost in last couple years. I know a few years back we had a few kids leave. Holba etc. but with Caleb leaving I’m shocked. I wonder what this is about. He was clearly in play for way more mins next year
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Stunned. From his statement he is clearly looking to play somewhere else. May well be he is not expecting to beat out Alamudun.
Mhawk37

Post by Mhawk37 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Damn. Yeah two years ago we lost Holba and Alston. I was surprised both left then too. Although i'm not totally shocked with this departure. He is the player I thought was most likely to transfer. Didn't see him on the bench during any of the home games once students were back. Kind of got stuck in a secondary role this year before the injury even though his minutes were often exciting. With JW making the jump, Foley getting more meaningful minutes, MW coming back (hopefully...he's the other guy I'm worried about) and JC, PA and JK all likely locks for starting positions, i'm not surprised he's going to take two years of eligibility and use his transfer year as a pure rehab year rather than potentially be a 6th/7th man again. Hopefully one of the Freshman is ready to fill the void he leaves he brought something different to this roster. As you all have said, looks to be a fairly talented group.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:40 pm

Reading some interview comments, he noted that he was hoping to transfer closer to home.
I hope the young man finds what he is looking for.
Mhawk37

Post by Mhawk37 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:42 pm

RichH wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:40 pm Reading some interview comments, he noted that he was hoping to transfer closer to home.
I hope the young man finds what he is looking for.
+1
Travis23

Post by Travis23 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Agreed. Hope he finds what he wants. Sounds like he is looking at closer to home. Marcus was the kid I was worried about as well. Hope he stays. Any word on pat. Did he find a program here to go for his masters. I know there were rumors pat was possibly elibeglbe to graduate. Kinda of like a Alston situation
Hawk85

Post by Hawk85 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Based on posts from MHawk37, I would be shocked if PA returned. Draw your own conclusions, read them from the beginning. It was a sobering experience for me.

Posts: http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/search ... 3&sr=posts

Next year will be tough on Reed and players. The 3 guys who got most of the shots will be gone...tough to make that up, but a lot of opportunity for the young guys coming into the program. I agree MW may also not come back...basketball wise he fits in nicely over the next couple of years, but it may not be the right academic setting for him. I am sure the young man and his family will make the best decision for him. Unless Reed gets a strong transfer like Langel did this year, I am not optimistic about our chances.
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:23 pm

This was definitely a season of disappointed expectations. Ugh. Caleb bails. Marques may also. Pat could graduate. So logically we should throw next year under the bus.
Me? I am gonna sit this pity party out. Let's wait and see who does what.
Football next week. Lax season in full swing. :D
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:28 pm

I am a bit shocked as well.. will always remember his dunk that made ESPN top ten plays on Sports Center. In a way it reminds me a bit of the Miles Simelton situation. Key spark plug off the bench but wants closer to home and more minutes. Gotta think Doc is shopping again.
Last edited by jimk72 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.