Pat

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
Hawk85

Re: Pat

Post by Hawk85 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Got it...thank you.

Sr: JC, EP
Jr: JK, MW
So: JW, NL
Fr: JB, RF, JA

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:12 am

I have mixed feelings on this.

Many students come out of high school today with tons of AP credits. There also are institutions that encourage students to save money/time and graduate in three years (which is efficient from a capital-use standpoint, as the university is used more year-round).

Coaches often know athletes' plans coming in, not that they can always count on those plans.

So I get Pat's move.

Doc apparently is supportive of this kind of thing. That's great. Lehigh is about academics first. Other universities have similar problems -- think of all the teams that lose NBA prospects (good problem to have if athletics comes first).

But ... the university and program have issues if guys are leaving because they're homesick, can't hack classes, etc.

I agree with one of the earlier posters that something seems funky. We've lost too many good, not necessarily great (think CJ and TK and others) players early.

The depth of talent at LU has improved in recent years (as it has nationally), but the program (often in the best interest of the player) is cut off at the knees when that talent leaves too soon.

#mixedfeelings
Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:14 am

Good news is there's a lot of PT and $ available for some overlooked blue-chip senior ...
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:34 am

The lure of playing time and a winning program is a strong draw. James K. has mentioned playing time as a contributing factor in his decision. And with the career ending injuries to recent bigs (Lieb/Sedore) he has been a real Godsend.
toddcudd

Post by toddcudd » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:22 pm

I think we have a problem.

Shane Whitfield
Miles Simelton
Tyler Jenkins
Matt Holba
Brandon Alston
Caleb Bennett
Pat Andree

In just a few years.

I want to understand the "why?"
RichH

Post by RichH » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:35 pm

toddcudd wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:22 pm I think we have a problem.

Shane Whitfield
Miles Simelton
Tyler Jenkins
Matt Holba
Brandon Alston
Caleb Bennett
Pat Andree

In just a few years.

I want to understand the "why?"
Too much change for any program particularly with injuries ending Lieb and sedore.
Can really genraluxe tho.
Andree and Alston graduated early. Holba injured out and went back home.
Simelton and Jenkins were bench guys with limited minutes. Both went to D2 schools nearer home.
Bennett and Whitfield left even tho a lot of PT. Whitfield went back closer to home. Started at Campbell. Bennett is a true shock. My guess tho is the transfer has little to do with Bball.
Bball much more than any other sports has had a huge increase in players transferring. Perhaps LU is caught up that process .
Bison_137

Post by Bison_137 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:00 pm

RichH wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:35 pm
Bball much more than any other sports has had a huge increase in players transferring. Perhaps LU is caught up that process .

Yes, but LU basketball has had a much higher rate of transfer than any PL school other than American. No idea why.
RichH

Post by RichH » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Bison_137 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:00 pm
RichH wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:35 pm

Yes, but LU basketball has had a much higher rate of transfer than any PL school other than American. No idea why.
The "why" is elusive. IMO there is no one answer.
toddcudd

Post by toddcudd » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:00 pm

A few possible reasons, imo.
Academics are too hard. Not likely, but most pleasing answer. Bucky doesn't have this issue, our best comp in this question.
Program demands are too hard. Staaahp. Doc appears to baby them. No comment.
Gameday experience sucks. Fair argument. Shyte support, our d3 transfers have better support at their new schools.
Coaching sucks, can't win with talent. Damning, and true.
Last edited by toddcudd on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:14 pm

Pat is taking a visit to NC St.

Kansas St is also recruiting him.