Yale....game #10

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
jimk72

Yale....game #10

Post by jimk72 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:02 pm

Do we the corner tonight? Cohen is has been our most consistent scorer to date as expected. Karnick has made substantial strides to becoming one of the better Patriot League big men. And J Wilson has shown flashes. But now we need aggressive contributions from the newbies.

Maybe tonight. Hope to see you there! Or at least on the Patriot League network.

van

Re: Yale....game #10

Post by van » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:36 pm

gonna be a long season
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Yup. A 78-65 L. Game ended on a 12-3 Yale run.
So many TOs. Havent shot well from 3 thiscseason. Tonight we didnt even try very often. We did play Yale even up until the last 5 minutes. Another short bench. Someday this team will learn how to finish games.
van

Post by van » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:51 pm

Eli toyed with them, ran off big runs when ever they wanted, not seeing any chemistry on the floor
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:38 am

van wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:51 pm Eli toyed with them, ran off big runs when ever they wanted, not seeing any chemistry on the floor
Van I respectfully disagree. On two occasions late second half we were a shot away from the lead and had the momentum. And the sparse crowd actually got into it. We simply tightened up, acted like a very young team (including Cohen) and committed three or four turnovers down the stretch. And choked on some bunnies and open looks. I don't think Yale had their best night, but they didn't toy with us or score when ever they wanted. Considering the size and experience advantage Yale had I was impressed with our defensive chemistry for the most part against a quality opponent. And we showed some positives on offense.

Despite my Poly Anna take on last night though, I do agree it may well be a long season. Its discouraging to see four scholarship players who could add a lot, sitting on the bench not participating. A senior out for his career with injury, a sophomore who will hopefully play second semester, and two freshman who have sat the last two games for some undisclosed reason. And we all know what that reason might be. Hopefully we see them after finals.
van

Post by van » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:55 pm

telling stats are Yale; 11 TO, 21 A and Lehigh 18 TO, 13 A and I stand by toying comment, ELI never felt threatened