Lafayette game #8

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
van

Lafayette game #8

Post by van » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:43 am

missing 65's preview, what do we expect? we have owned Pards lately but this year's Leopard seems to be a bit of an upgrade from recent and we continue to struggle to find a way to win, or maybe just find new ways to lose

ankles seem to be a problem as both JK and ET have been limping, NL has filled in very well for JK but can he avoid foul trouble, what FR steps up if ET is unable to go, lot of ?? for us, road has not been kind but can Stabler be friendly? really curious to see the turnout for this one, are students engaged at all?
Last edited by van on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RichH

Re: Lafayette game #7

Post by RichH » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:13 pm

An L 74-56. Standard recipe. Opponent shoots 50% or more. We dont. Cohen scores 2 pts. That sums up our offense. We dont shoot well consistently and dont play D much, if at all.
Doc no doubt will have long involved explanations for team. Perhaps less philosophical ramblings and more coaching.
TMH

Post by TMH » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:38 pm

Lafayette's team reminds me a bit of some of our past teams. They are a very good outside shooting team which can also create a big matchup problem for Lehigh's depleted squad. Missing 2 key starters really hurts but I'm not sure that is all we are missing.

I know we say that this team is young. I have an honest question though. Do we have a history of players improving significantly with time? I'm not particularly focused on #s since players will take on a bigger role as others graduate. The question is whether they become better players...better shooters, better rebounders, play better defense.
RichH

Post by RichH » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:32 pm

I can think of players that never seemed to grow over their careers. Others did. A clear history? Dont think so. Seems to me to rely on each player's drive.
van

Re: Lafayette game #8

Post by van » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:15 pm

van wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:43 am missing 65's preview, what do we expect? we have owned Pards lately but this year's Leopard seems to be a bit of an upgrade from recent and we continue to struggle to find a way to win, or maybe just find new ways to lose

ankles seem to be a problem as both JK and ET have been limping, NL has filled in very well for JK but can he avoid foul trouble, what FR steps up if ET is unable to go, lot of ?? for us, road has not been kind but can Stabler be friendly? really curious to see the turnout for this one, are students engaged at all?