Game 11 - Colgate

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
Lehigh65

Game 11 - Colgate

Post by Lehigh65 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:01 pm

How Ken Pom Sees It

CU (17-6 and 8-2 in PL) Ranked 132nd
@
LU (5-17) and 2-8 in PL) Ranked 315th
CU wins by 8 (77-69)

Elsewhere Around the League

LC (now 7-4 in PL) took down home-standing Bucky (now 5-6 in PL) by 3 (65-62)

Wednesday Night
BU @ AWP….BU wins by 3
AU @ Navy….Navy wins by 3
LOM @ HC…LOM wins by 3

The “wins by 3” is perhaps symbolic of PL Play this year. That is, in games other than ones featuring Colgate. The Raiders, you see, have already posted 8 Ws by an average margin of 10.9ppg. Their two losses – both to LC were by 4 and by 2. Wouldn’t ya know it, between Feb 5 and Feb 19 we play 2 against Colgate and one against Lafayette. Pomeroy doesn’t like our chances in any of those matchups or, for that matter, in any of our remaining games with the exception of our home tilt against Holy Cross next Wednesday.

And, now who do we get? None other than Will Raymond and the Colgate Raiders! Read on……………

LU Game Notes: https://static.lehighsports.com/customp ... 1567475528

Colgate Raiders Notes:

https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2020/ ... cross.aspx
As if Raymond wasn’t enough, Colgate boasts 4 other players averaging 10 or more ppg. Those five are seeming never off the court, each logging 29 +mpg. For those who think we might have a chance on Wednesday night via the 3-point shot, I give you………..
3 Pt. Distribution
CU 47.4%....16th in the Nation
LU 26.1%....288th in the Nation
3 Pt. Success Rate
CU 35.5%....75th in the Nation
LU 34.2%....124th in the Nation

3 Pt. Defense
CU 31.1%....82nd in the Nation
LU 35.6%....281st in the Nation

Pretty bleak, I’d say. But, that’s why they play the game.

Home Game on March 3 to kick-off the Playoffs - what’s the chance?

The PL Playoffs begin on that day and will feature 10 playing @ 7 and 9 playing @ 8. Will we get a chance to redeem ourselves at home – if only for one night - for what has been a disappointing campaign marked by the untimely injuries to a pair of starters (JK and ET) and the spirited – sometimes over-the-top - play of our five freshmen? Hey, I hope so. It would give me and the many fans of the Brown and White another chance to watch – firsthand - the growth of this squad. In year’s past, it was a matter of watching what the top half of the League was up to as we approached the Playoffs, now it’s concerning ourselves night-in and night-out with the likes of Bucknell (5-6), LOM (2-8) and HC (2-8) we doing as we scramble to earn a home playoff date.

Game 11-Colgate

How Ken Pom Sees It
CU (17-6 and 8-2 in PL) Ranked 132nd
@
LU (5-17) and 2-8 in PL) Ranked 315th
CU wins by 8 (77-69)

Elsewhere Around the League
LC (now 7-4 in PL) took down home-standing Bucky (now 5-6 in PL) by 3 (65-62)
Wednesday Night
BU @ AWP….BU wins by 3
AU @ Navy….Navy wins by 3
LOM @ HC…LOM wins by 3

The “wins by 3” is perhaps symbolic of PL Play this year. That is, in games other than ones featuring Colgate. The Raiders, you see, have already posted 8 Ws by an average margin of 10.9ppg. Their two losses – both to LC were by 4 and by 2. Wouldn’t ya know it, between Feb 5 and Feb 19 we play 2 against Colgate and one against Lafayette. Pomeroy doesn’t like our chances in any of those matchups or, for that matter, in any of our remaining games with the exception of our home tilt against Holy Cross next Wednesday.

And, now who do we get? None other than Will Raymond and the Colgate Raiders! Read on……………
LU Game Notes: https://static.lehighsports.com/customp ... 1567475528

Colgate Raiders Notes:
https://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2020/ ... cross.aspx
As if Raymond wasn’t enough, Colgate boasts 4 other players averaging 10 or more ppg. Those five are seeming never off the court, each logging 29 +mpg. For those who think we might have a chance on Wednesday night via the 3-point shot, I give you………..
3 Pt. Distribution
CU 47.4%....16th in the Nation
LU 26.1%....288th in the Nation
3 Pt. Success Rate
CU 35.5%....75th in the Nation
LU 34.2%....124th in the Nation

3 Pt. Defense
CU 31.1%....82nd in the Nation
LU 35.6%....281st in the Nation

Pretty bleak, I’d say. But, that’s why they play the game.

Home Game on March 3 to kick-off the Playoffs - what’s the chance?

The PL Playoffs begin on that day and will feature 10 playing @ 7 and 9 playing @ 8. Will we get a chance to redeem ourselves at home – if only for one night - for what has been a disappointing campaign marked by the untimely injuries to a pair of starters (JK and ET) and the spirited – sometimes over-the-top - play of our five freshmen? Hey, I hope so. It would give me and the many fans of the Brown and White another chance to watch – firsthand - the growth of this squad. In year’s past, it was a matter of watching what the top half of the League was up to as we approached the Playoffs, now it’s concerning ourselves night-in and night-out with the likes of Bucknell (5-6), LOM (2-8) and HC (2-8) we doing as we scramble to earn a home playoff date.

RichH

Re: Game 11 - Colgate

Post by RichH » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:31 pm

An L. 81-51. Still playing shorthanded. 20 TOs is us tonight.
jimk72

Re: Game 11 - Colgate

Post by jimk72 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:21 pm

Play a horrible 2nd half against the best team in the league and you get.....this. Hard to fault coaching with 20 TO's, but I don't understand the continuous drive to the hoop against 6'10", 6'10' and 6'9" and throwing up a prayer that gets blocked. We kicked it back out a lot in the first half with some success. 2nd half we seemed scared to do that or shoot from outside at all.

Odd switching defense had Cohen or Betlow on Mahoney at times, with Lynch out past the foul line allowing easy pass into their bigs...... happened a lot.

To sum it up....UGH......

Now, off to Easton Saturday.