Holy Cross

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
van

Holy Cross

Post by van » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Dear Coach Reed, please do not insert Betlow or Arion with the game on the line

phillychuck

Re: Holy Cross

Post by phillychuck » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 pm

I've watched a lot of Patriot League Basketball in my day, but that was by far the worst officiated game I have ever had the displeasure of watching. We won fairly easily, but every single time a HC player was within 2 feet of a Lehigh defender the refs called a foul. And they missed about 10 walks in the second half, a few of them on Lehigh. Was awful to watch with all the fouls. Seriously, refs, if you don't clearly see a foul, don't guess, just let them play. We don't go to the games to watch you.

And they T'd Karnick for hanging on the rim. If they did that in a Big 10 game, for instance, they'd never ref that conference again.
phillychuck

Post by phillychuck » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:07 pm

van wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 pm Dear Coach Reed, please do not insert Betlow or Arion with the game on the line
Let's take it easy on a couple of freshmen who should have had a chance to sit a year, please. Some of the players' friends and family read the board.

All your post does is make a statement about your character.
RichH

Post by RichH » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm

W 89-82
Not much D but a great game.
M.Wilson with his best to date. 16 pts, 6r and 9a
J.Wilson 19 pts
Cohen 18 pts
Karnik and Taylor off the bench with 9 each.
We shot 45% from 3 .50% overall
You got your wish van :lol:
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:08 pm

If my count is accurate, the refs called 29 fouls in the 2nd half. This was after only calling about 9 in the first half.

I hate when referees dictate the tempo of the game.

However, Lehigh may have played it's best basketball game of the season. It is nice to have Karnik and Taylor back in the rotation. Not sure of Porter's injury but he seemed to be walking fine.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:15 pm

Great to see Karnik back. With his presence, this team can be in the hunt in the tournament.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:20 pm

phillychuck wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 pm I've watched a lot of Patriot League Basketball in my day, but that was by far the worst officiated game I have ever had the displeasure of watching. We won fairly easily, but every single time a HC player was within 2 feet of a Lehigh defender the refs called a foul. And they missed about 10 walks in the second half, a few of them on Lehigh. Was awful to watch with all the fouls. Seriously, refs, if you don't clearly see a foul, don't guess, just let them play. We don't go to the games to watch you.

And they T'd Karnick for hanging on the rim. If they did that in a Big 10 game, for instance, they'd never ref that conference again.
Philly, I was there and I agree. I know we usually get the dreg's of D1 officials' in the Patriot League, but this was beyond bad. How do they find these hacks? Mystery fouls and felony assault no-calls. Being biased I thought we got the worst of it, but it was bad both ways. My wife asked several times, "wasn't that walking?" And the tech on the rim hang at that point in the game really makes you wonder. Along with the basket interference by Holy Cross that they called goal-tending on us.....

In summary a, spirited well played first half on our part that we let get a bit ugly in the second half. But a win is a win, particularly this year. We have to clean that all up for Saturday and beyond. And an off night for Burns and company Wednesday would be a good thing as well.
van

Post by van » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:23 am

I thought the goal tending call went against Cross, and the replay on Karnik hanging showed the call was technically correct, not that you see that called very often, I thought Pridgen was getting away with some offensive fouls that they let go, he is gonna be a force to be reckoned with for the next 3 years
van

Post by van » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:26 am

another subject, I wonder if there will be any sets conjured up with both Karnik and Lynch on the floor together? not sure we could match up with man to man D with these 2 but could anyone match up to defend them?
TMH

Post by TMH » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:29 am

I thought the goal tending call went against Holy Cross but then the 2 points went up on the scoreboard.