Jesse Chuku update

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
LU808

Jesse Chuku update

Post by LU808 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:43 pm

British Basketball League

Leicester Riders have confirmed that they will be without Jesse Chuku next season.

The 27-year old forward is to take a year away from basketball to concentrate on recovery of a pre-existing injury that has affected his time on court the last few seasons.

“I would like to thank the Riders for a great year and for all the support I received battling a pre-existing injury,” commented Chuku. “The coaches, players, staff, and the fans have all been phenomenal and I am very proud to have been a part of this organisation.”

“Leicester now feels like a second home to me, so surely this is not farewell as I hope to see all the Riders family again some time in the future.”

Jesse clocked up 26 appearances for the Riders last season before Covid cut the season short.

“We’ve enjoyed having Jesse with us this past season and wish him all the best in his quest for full fitness,” added Riders Managing Director, Russell Levenston.

“The door is always open to him and he’ll always be part of the Riders family.”