Roster for '22-'23?

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
lehigh90

Roster for '22-'23?

Post by lehigh90 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:59 pm

Getting hard to keep track of these things in the Transfer Portal/NIL era we live in.

Who are the scholarship players for next season? and if you could also list their year of eligibility considering redshirting and the extra COVID year, if applicable.

Thx

Sundayamqb

Re: Roster for '22-'23?

Post by Sundayamqb » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:08 pm

lehigh90 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:59 pm Getting hard to keep track of these things in the Transfer Portal/NIL era we live in.
Yes, it's ridiculous.

How long will it be before fans start to lose interest, "colleges", NEW "colleges" or athletes get greedier and the NCAA get a competitor, like in men's golf?
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:19 am

I agree it's tough to keep track of all this. For me, Verbal Commits seems to do a very credible job.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/lehigh

Marques Wilson played five years and is done. Thank you for a fine Lehigh career Marques.

Lynch and J. Wilson chose their Covid fifth year elsewhere and are gone.

It appears Betlow, Fenton, Taylor, and Alamudon will be seniors academically but with two years of eligibility left because of Covid.

Parolin and Tan will be juniors academically, but have sophomore eligibility, again because of Covid. Their classmate Jalin Sinclair, who sat last year due to injury....????

Meanwhile last year's freshmen, TW-S, Knotsman, and Higgines, apparently don't get the extra year of eligibility. So they are also sophomores eligibility-wise. And then theres J T Tan who is a junior in school this year, but sat as a Freshman due to injury....????

By my count, due to Covid, we will have six kids with sophomore eligibilty for the 22-23 season. Eventually may need to recruit six kids in one year? And who in this group might transfer for playing time? How do you recruit and construct a roster under these circumstances?

Meanwhile I was checking out our two incoming recruits via available YouTube footage. Not much on Adiassa. What little there is mostly from 9th grade. At the very least, a big bruising power 5. There's more video available on Momah, who at 6'7" looks like a real "get" as they say. Talented, athletic, scoring forward. According to V.C., Momah had multiple A10, MAAC, and Ivy offers.

We haven't kicked a football yet and I'm already eager to see this amalgam on the court......
lehigh90

Post by lehigh90 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:49 pm

Thanks for that update:

So, we are looking at a starting lineup that is fairly settled with

Higgins
Taylor
Whitney-Sidney
Parolin
MYSTERY #5 PLAYER?

That is basically a big, and 3 wings, so we could add a bigger player, presumably one of the two freshman who are both of good size.

A very young team.