Alfredo Addesa

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
jimk72

Alfredo Addesa

Post by jimk72 » Sun May 05, 2024 9:00 pm

New ‘24 commit! Alfredo Addesa, listed at 6’10”….. Video looks impressive. Does any one have any further info on Alfredo?

Justafan

Re: Alfredo Addesa

Post by Justafan » Sun May 05, 2024 9:32 pm

There isn't much to tell. I suspect he is a PWO.

I believe he came over here from Italy a couple of years ago. He played a few games at Doane in NJ. He the went to Perkiomen, a private boarding school in Pennsbury.

He averaged about 13.5 pp and 7.5 rb there.

He reminds me of a typical European player. He doesn't look particularly athletic in the little film I saw but can shoot when left open.

As with everyone else, time will tell.
Bison_137

Post by Bison_137 » Wed May 08, 2024 12:06 pm

Justafan wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 9:32 pm There isn't much to tell. I suspect he is a PWO.

I believe he came over here from Italy a couple of years ago. He played a few games at Doane in NJ. He the went to Perkiomen, a private boarding school in Pennsbury.

He averaged about 13.5 pp and 7.5 rb there.

He reminds me of a typical European player. He doesn't look particularly athletic in the little film I saw but can shoot when left open.

Agree about PWO. . Doesn’t look like he had other scholarship offers, plus it would be rare to find a scholarship level player available in May of his senior year.

But you can’t coach height, so he may turn out to be useful.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:41 am

Verbal Commits isn’t perfect but they list him with other offers from Redford and Loyola (MD), and three stars on their new rating systems, whatever credibility that has. So I think he will be on scholarship. A fellow who’s close to the program says he’s an intriguing prospect from a better private prep program.

To my knowledge none of this year’s commits have been officially announced yet by Lehighsports.com. A quick unofficial count has us at 11 existing schollies, assuming no one transferred. We have 4 alleged commitments. So we have 2 to give out?
Justafan

Post by Justafan » Thu May 09, 2024 10:19 am

I just found this article about Alfredo. It starts about 1/2 way down the page. He appears to fall into the "project" area much like a current player on the team with a similar name.

https://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/ne ... ow/1306701

Welcome to Lehigh and make the most of your opportunity.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Thu May 09, 2024 5:18 pm

Actually went back further and found the announcement in November of Alvey and Benoit as the incoming class at Lehighsports.com. So without someone transferring, Addesa would be a walk on if my count is correct.
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:41 pm

A bit more on Alfredo. An LOI signing:

https://www.facebook.com/alfredo.addesa/

https://www.instagram.com/ballbeyond/p/C6j-vcHOV5o/

Also, rumors from a source: 1) Alfredo is a bit better than a project (how much better?) 2) Another big man with a similar name has improved a bit 3) West coast trip this fall to a newly minted BIG TEN team as well as a midwestern trip to an original BIG TEN team.

Pardon me for being an eternal optimist. See you all in November!