[LehighSports] Season Preview: Mountain Hawks look poised to compete for championship

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
News
Site Admin

[LehighSports] Season Preview: Mountain Hawks look poised to compete for championship

Post by News » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Lehigh men's basketball team knows winning. Last season, after losing more than 4,000 points and 1,600 rebounds off its roster, the Mountain Hawks still finished last season right back where they're accustomed – near the top of the Patriot League standings competing for a championship.

Source: https://lehighsports.com/news/2018/11/1 ... nship.aspx

jimk72

Re: [LehighSports] Season Preview: Mountain Hawks look poised to compete for championship

Post by jimk72 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:52 pm

We are now roughly 50 hours from opening tip-off 2018/19. As mentioned earlier, we finally have real depth. And with that comes intrigue on starters, backups, chemistry, and playing time. For what its worth here’s my take, based on last year’s player usage as reported by Kentom 2017/18 and my overly optimistic & uninformed prognostication:
Starter/backups
1- Cohen/Tejada/Foley(?)
2- Tejada/Leufroy/M.Wilson
3- M.Wilson/Leufroy/Bennett/Andree
4- Andree/Bennett/J.Wilson(?)/Porter/Karnick
5- Karnik/Lynch(?)/Andree

To me Marques Wilson and Bennett have the biggest potential upside. Particularly Wilson, maybe even all league possibilities. And potentially getting squeezed for playing time: Leufroy & Porter.

Most mysterious ? Apparent walk-on Joe Foley. San Mateo Daily Journal Boy’s Basketball Player of the Year … Named to the Orange Holiday Classic All-Tournament Team … Was MVP of West Bay Athletic League (Palo Alto, San Francisco, San Jose area private schools)….But never even listed by Verbal Commits. And when if ever will we see Jack Lieb on the court?

Tuesday night we begin to find out.