Can We Go 8-3 in OOC?

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
lehigh90

Can We Go 8-3 in OOC?

Post by lehigh90 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:15 am

Things are looking up for Lehigh. Have looked strong so far with only the one Power 5 loss at Miami. We look to have 2 more Power 5 losses coming at K State and at WVU. Can we run the table in the other 5? It’s starting to look possible.

Siena looks beatable, Ark St has been terrible so far, same with MSM and StFPA. That’s 4 wins, which leaves us the Yale game away. Yale has been pretty tough in the early going with an easy win at Cal and a double OT loss at Memphis. Game is at Yale, so I make us an underdog, but it’s a game we should be in for sure.

Can we get to 8-3? Would be a tremendous start.

StablerBum

Re: Can We Go 8-3 in OOC?

Post by StablerBum » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 am

8-3 would be amazing, but I still think this team has a lot to prove before we go that far.

Monmouth is terrible, 0-6 with every loss by double figures. Takes some luster off that win for sure.

Miami is 3-0 but has had one of their better players suspended all year, and recently beat a bad Bethune Cookman by 8 at home.

Lehigh needed a furious rally to hold off Marist at home, and they look decent at best.

And Princeton has yet to play a D1 game aside from Lehigh, but they shot 4-32(!!) from 3 in Stabler. Was that a lucky break for Lehigh or can Princeton not shoot at all?

Not saying this team isn't "for real" but I don't think we know much thus far. I would hope they take care of business at Siena tomorrow. And agree that Ark St., MSM, and St. Francis should be W's. Yale is REALLY good. I watched most of their game against Memphis and they got jobbed by the officials late. Should have been a road W for them no doubt, they earned it. They are big, long, physical and athletic - don't resemble a traditional Ivy team much at all. I would be pretty thrilled with 7-4, 8-3 would be outstanding.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:51 pm

The pieces fitting in pretty well so far. And Doc has been using them. That is a nice change. Ready for prime time? Not yet in my untutored opinion. Closer I think but I think they need more game time . Are they mentally tough yet? Can they withstand bad streaks and come back. Can we avoid the necessity of the last 5 minute frenzy to get back into games?
lehigh90

Post by lehigh90 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:00 pm

YALE won at Miami over the weekend.

Going to very tough to beat them on the road.
van

Post by van » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:17 pm

well @Miami was arguably our worst outing so a best effort against Eli is needed to balance that
Lehigh65

Post by Lehigh65 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:26 am

Interesting reads on how Yale took down Miami -a team playing their 5 game in ten days. That said, Lehigh will undoubtedly have its hands full handling Yale's Miye Oni in what will be Yale's home-opener on Wednesday.

http://www.therepublic.com/2018/12/02/bkc-yale-miami/

https://www.stateoftheu.com/basketball- ... econd-half
jimk72

Post by jimk72 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Yale also lost to Vermont, who lost to Bucknell. That doesn't mean much, except that we can win at Yale with our best game and a hot shooting night. We have the personnel to get this done.