On to the Mountaineers.....

Young team returns in 2018-2019 with tons of promise. Can they get back to the NCAA Tournament?
ngineer

Re: On to the Mountaineers.....

Post by ngineer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 am

I watched and was impressed with our team's resilience. They kept coming back from 6-8 pt deficits, then getting within 1-2 or even a few ties. But the rebounding is horrid. They may be tall but they can't jump! I doubt they left their feet. Standing tall with your arms straight up does not stop someone with athleticism. They just went around them. Size doesn't matter if you can't move. A few forced shots at key points also hurt. But you have to be pleased with the effort. As long as our sharpshooters are 'on', we will be tough to beat in the PL. Beat Lafayette!!

Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 pm

I noticed in the paper that Princeton beat #17 Arizona St, who had beaten #1 Kansas.

So we can go to #1 with just 3 degrees of separation. I wonder if we have been ever even within 10 degrees before.
RichH

Post by RichH » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:54 pm

:D. Good catch Rich. I'll buy into transitive value today. Recall B& W doing a transitive analysis for football. Think we had 1W. B&W headline Lehigh beats______. Dont remember the #1 team that year. But, we coulda beat'em. :roll: