Jamie Behar ‘20

We ain't rebuilding anymore. But we need a little more to take the next step.
Lu15

Jamie Behar ‘20

Post by Lu15 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:24 am

6’1 G/F Oceanside, Ny, Long Island Lutheran

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-b ... /id/237918

Lehigh teased this with this tweet:
https://mobile.twitter.com/LehighWBB/st ... gr%5Etweet

TMH

Re: Jamie Behar ‘20

Post by TMH » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:36 pm

This is a very intriguing recruit for Lehigh. I can't wait to see how well she progresses here.

It appears that she was regarded as a phenom when she was young. UConn had her on their radar in her freshman year. She played varsity as a 7th grader and started as an 8th grader. However, she was 6-1 when she was 12 yr old. She hasn't grown much since then, currently listed at 6-2. She is a wing now with PG skills.

Change seems to be in the cards for her. She played her entire career at Oceanside HS and apparently just transferred to Class A powerhouse Long Island Lutheran. She had also committed to Penn prior to the change to Lehigh.

With that being said, I'm excited to see her at Lehigh as part of a very highly touted class of recruits next year.
LU808

Post by LU808 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:23 pm

Jaime's talents attracted offers from some larger programs in the area.
Rutgers
Manhattan
Columbia
Rhode Island
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
Monmouth
American
LU must have just the right combo of elite education and competitive WB to make her visions come true!
TMH

Post by TMH » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:15 pm

No one should underestimate the culture that both Fran and Sue Troyan have established in their respective programs. The have created a true family like atmosphere with very gifted young ladies both athletically and academically who continue to give back to their programs. They have also had quite a bit of success along the way too.
RichH

Post by RichH » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:41 pm

TMH wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:15 pm No one should underestimate the culture that both Fran and Sue Troyan have established in their respective programs. The have created a true family like atmosphere with very gifted young ladies both athletically and academically who continue to give back to their programs. They have also had quite a bit of success along the way too.
+100
TMH

Post by TMH » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Long Island Lutheran is ranked as the #20 team in the nation by Max Preps.
They just won the Diamond State Classic

Jamie was named the MVP

BTW, this site is getting harder and harder to post to. I've now gotten in the habit of copying everything I post in case it doesn't go through.