No Juice

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mookie

Re: No Juice

Post by mookie » Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 am

New broom in Stillwater with Gilman and Kennedy named as assistant coaches to David Taylor.
Last edited by mookie on Thu May 09, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Thu May 09, 2024 12:09 pm

>>>>>> I welcome mookster back from his self imposed siesta. He can post whatever floats his boat.

But it’s obvious that the overwhelming majority of his posts are negative and he suffers from some form of cu envy.

I enjoy watching Lehigh wrestlers compete at the elite college level———and I definitely enjoyed watching them beat cu in last season’s dual.
theanswer

Post by theanswer » Thu May 09, 2024 12:30 pm

Mookie is right. No way Cornell should out recruit Lehigh that badly.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu May 09, 2024 12:39 pm

FloridaGuy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:09 pm >>>>>> I welcome mookster back from his self imposed siesta. He can post whatever floats his boat.

But it’s obvious that the overwhelming majority of his posts are negative and he suffers from some form of cu envy.

I enjoy watching Lehigh wrestlers compete at the elite college level———and I definitely enjoyed watching them beat cu in last season’s dual.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Negative? If (and I emphasize "IF") what he is posting is true, why would that necessarily be negative. Truth is what it is. Anyone can take truth any way they want, including you, if that floats your boat.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Thu May 09, 2024 1:40 pm

Welcome back Mookie as you keep us on our toes so we don’t get too complacent. You serve a valuable role on the forum. Are you taking back the moderator job?
FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Thu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm

>>>>> Reply to answer:

The 2025 recruiting process is far from complete ——-why draw a conclusion based on partial information?

No one was jumping for joy over Lehigh’s last two recruiting classes——- but they produced three AAs so far——-while cu has brought in one AA.

Reply to 0: a true statement can be positive, negative or neutral——— it depends on the situation, tone, intent, implication and perspective.

We both viewed mookster’s ‘no juice’ as negative——— you responded by saying it was inaccurate and things are really looking up. I responded with a ho-hum—— the post was just mookster being mookster.
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Thu May 09, 2024 2:45 pm

Mookie will be happy soon when we land a whale!!
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu May 09, 2024 3:12 pm

mookie loves Lehigh wrestling....local guy, grew up with it....his level of passion is hard for many to understand.
Does it come across as negative at times? Yeah, but always from a place where he wants LU to be the best. Enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt even when we disagree.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu May 09, 2024 3:49 pm

FloridaGuy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm >>>>> Reply to answer:

No one was jumping for joy over Lehigh’s last two recruiting classes——- but they produced three AAs so far——-while cu has brought in one AA.

Reply to 0: a true statement can be positive, negative or neutral——— it depends on the situation, tone, intent, implication and perspective.

The first paragraph above is a perfect example of the second paragraph.....

Cornell's best recruits from last two years were grey shirting last year (other than Shapiro) or stuck behind guys who were high AA material..........you think Ruiz, Delgatta, etc aren't likely to AA at some point in career? .....I would predict Ruiz to be a multiple AA....... since we won't wrestle in conference tournament anymore which team do you think places higher in the National Tournament?........Cornell was also in a cycle where they didn't need to pull in guys because of the depth of the current roster (they placed 2nd at nationals remember?), now that a lot of those guys are clearing out they are plucking out another deep top class......

Like you said it's all in your perspective......
mh1

Post by mh1 » Thu May 09, 2024 4:32 pm

Mookie is the Reggie Jackson of the Lehigh wrestling forum! Charlie Munger is another story