Senior Sunday versus Penn

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
ngineer

Senior Sunday versus Penn

Post by ngineer » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:45 pm

Say good by to TEN seniors at Grace Hall when the Penn Quackers come to town. Last tune-up for rankings pre-EIWA. Top match may be #26 Schuyler v. #15 Artalona. Will be interesting to see if Jakobsen is given a shot to return, though I suspect he is "done" for precautionary reasons, unless Weiler would get hurt and not be able to go at tourney. Team back into the Top 20 in latest Coaches Poll.

TMH

Re: Senior Sunday versus Penn

Post by TMH » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:32 pm

So my game plan is to go to the basketball game at noon. See CJ get his # retired at halftime and then get back on campus to see the seniors get honored and the Penn match.

I hope I catch the good half of basketball.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Another solid win today, 34-6. Penn a young, but up and coming team. A bunch of talented freshmen on that team. Still nice to see three back to back to back pins to close out the match, with Jakobsen making a very strong return to the lineup. Wolf wrestling at the Mat-Town Tourney today to get in a lot of work coming off his injury. Strong finish to the regular season. Now, need to get as healthy as possible for the tournaments.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:49 pm

Wolf won all of his bouts at Mat Town Tournament to get his requisite 18 bouts for ranking and AQ purposes. At 13-5 he stands a good change of an AQ.

Pre-NCAA prognosticators have Lehigh finishing 10-15 in Pittsburgh. The "Big 3" need solid placing performances and the remainder who go need to score good handfuls of team points (aside from the hope that a Mario Stewart moment occurs!!) Of the "others" I think Humphreys, Wolf, and Jakobsen/Weiler could sneak onto the podium with an upset/bracket busting occurence. They always happen. Just that one never knows where and when. Which is why the tournament is so great.