wrestling report

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
User avatar
van
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 1:49 pm
Location: KY
Contact:

wrestling report

Post by van » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:07 pm

appears that this site is down, at least I have not seen any posts in almost 2 weeks


mookie
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by mookie » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:10 am

Broken by grumpy old white dudes.
User avatar
RichH
Posts: 2824
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by RichH » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:42 am

Seems so van. No posts on any of the forums.

I beg to differ mookie. I am at times crotchety even cranky on rare occasions but never ever grumpy. :lol:
Lehigh forum admittedly resembles an old age home. Desperately needs some younger fans.
LU808
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 4:44 pm
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by LU808 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:42 pm

white? really?
mookie
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by mookie » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:22 pm

white? really?

LOL...yes. I think Lehigh had like 3 blacks between 1950 - 1970.
Richb-3
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 am
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by Richb-3 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:28 pm

I believe Mookie is correct- 3 black guys on the wrestling roster 1950-70.

Cecil Lance. Frosh Team

Herb Campbell 3 yr varsity start. Black probably a bit of a stretch. He was Like most of the UN.

Mike Jupiter. Very deep into the roster. I think he joined the team 1970. Born in Africa I think.

---------
Speculation per WR is that Bruce Closson may be ill
Sundayamqb
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 am
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:18 am

Richb-3 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:28 pm I believe Mookie is correct- 3 black guys on the wrestling roster 1950-70.

Cecil Lance. Frosh Team

Herb Campbell 3 yr varsity start. Black probably a bit of a stretch. He was Like most of the UN.

Mike Jupiter. Very deep into the roster. I think he joined the team 1970. Born in Africa I think.

---------
Speculation per WR is that Bruce Closson may be ill
But later ... how about Darryl Burley, who many consider Lehigh's best all-time wrestler?
https://lehighsports.com/hof.aspx?hof=55
Sundayamqb
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 10:42 am
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by Sundayamqb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:20 am

RichH wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:42 am Seems so van. No posts on any of the forums.

I beg to differ mookie. I am at times crotchety even cranky on rare occasions but never ever grumpy. :lol:
Lehigh forum admittedly resembles an old age home. Desperately needs some younger fans.
+1

You have to wonder about future attendance at Lehigh sporting events.
mookie
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 pm
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by mookie » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 am

Students care about one thing and one thing only - their phones. Athletic attendance, no matter the sport, is family & friends and a smattering of Lehigh Valley people.
Richb-3
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:40 am
Contact:

Re: wrestling report

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:03 pm

Sundayamqb wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:18 am
Richb-3 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:28 pm I believe Mookie is correct- 3 black guys on the wrestling roster 1950-70.

Cecil Lance. Frosh Team

Herb Campbell 3 yr varsity start. Black probably a bit of a stretch. He was Like most of the UN.

Mike Jupiter. Very deep into the roster. I think he joined the team 1970. Born in Africa I think.

---------
Speculation per WR is that Bruce Closson may be ill
But later ... how about Darryl Burley, who many consider Lehigh's best all-time wrestler?
https://lehighsports.com/hof.aspx?hof=55
Mookie stated 3 blacks at Lehigh thru 1970. I simply countered with 3 black wrestlers by 1970. Likely a couple dozen since then. 2 among this years frosh.

There had been about 10 Black Undergrads prior to my first year 1967- we had 5. 13 the next year.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: whiz wit and 8 guests