Flo Pro and Roku

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
whiz wit

Flo Pro and Roku

Post by whiz wit » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:25 am

I've got a subscription to Flo Pro and have been watching events on my tv by connecting it to my Apple laptop with a cable. I don't like the keyboard on the laptop and have trouble moving the cursor around and for a tournament there's a lot of moving around in order to follow the LU action on the multiple mats.

I see that I can use Roku to access Flo Pro on my tv and, if I were to do so, wonder how it would work for tournaments and whether it would be significantly easier to see who's wrestling where and to follow the action than with my laptop. Also, if it would be a significant improvement, which Roku model would be adequate for my intended use, since there are different models at different price points.

Anyone have any insights into this?

jdalu75

Re: Flo Pro and Roku

Post by jdalu75 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:29 am

First, what's "Roku"?
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:02 pm

jdalu75 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:29 am First, what's "Roku"?
As I understand it, it's a device that you plug and keep plugged into your tv so you don't have to hook up your tv to a computer in order to stream stuff. I believe some, if not all, of them come with a remote which I assume I'd use instead of my laptop to follow the action in a tournament. Wondering how it's done with the remote and whether it's a significant improvement over using the laptop.
BlckNght1

Post by BlckNght1 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:11 pm

You will have to keep a phone or laptop nearby to find the mat number. Until recently you could watch on your computer and streaming TV app but lately, only one stream is available
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:19 pm

BlckNght1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:11 pm You will have to keep a phone or laptop nearby to find the mat number. Until recently you could watch on your computer and streaming TV app but lately, only one stream is available
Thanks. Sounds like it wouldn't be a big improvement for me since I'd still be spending a lot of time on my wife's miserable laptop.