Army Dual

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Mountain Hawk

Re: Army Dual

Post by Mountain Hawk » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:18 pm

Oracle wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:23 am Wert is very good and deserved to win. 3X mid-placer in PIAA AAA means he’s good. He also looked huge for 133. Most of Army team looked big. Coach Ward does a nice job although he is intolerable on the bench during a dual.
Army out-hustled us. Plain to the eye. Several of our TDs were counters off their leg attacks. They beat us to the punch early in the dual and set the tone. We were fortunate at 149. Their back up at 157 nearly won. 184 with 2 stalling points on bottom was disappointing. 24-9 but IMO not a great outing.
The atmosphere - not including the ceremony- was bush. The lightning was old school screwy. Even the ref had a bad night.
Best thing: we won anyway. Finding a way is a good thing. Army deserves their top 20 ranking. Tough team.
Maybe our lay off didn’t help.
you'll be visited by three ghosts Ebeneezer

ikeremix

Post by ikeremix » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:19 pm

Oracle wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:23 am Army out-hustled us. Plain to the eye. Several of our TDs were counters off their leg attacks. They beat us to the punch early in the dual and set the tone. We were fortunate at 149. Their back up at 157 nearly won. 184 with 2 stalling points on bottom was disappointing. 24-9 but IMO not a great outing.
Huh?!? How did the army broadcasters find their way to the Lehigh forum?? IMO not a great post.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:54 am

Not questioning effort and didn't, however, our mind set wasn't ready to go when the dual started and Army's was. Coach kinda said the same thing. We stood around setting up shots for too long....Army let it fly and shot quickly taking a page out of Penn State's play book. They were a tough team, big and physical...maybe that slowed us down some. BTW, I share my perspective as respectfully as possible and don't care if someone thinks it's a great post or not.
legger

Post by legger » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:03 am

**** John: Never stop posting. You are among the great. BTW, are you going to the EIWAs? I hope so, it would be great to see you again. If you need a place to stay, I probably can arrange something. Blessings.
ngineer

Post by ngineer » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Oracle wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:54 am Not questioning effort and didn't, however, our mind set wasn't ready to go when the dual started and Army's was. Coach kinda said the same thing. We stood around setting up shots for too long....Army let it fly and shot quickly taking a page out of Penn State's play book. They were a tough team, big and physical...maybe that slowed us down some. BTW, I share my perspective as respectfully as possible and don't care if someone thinks it's a great post or not.
Exactly. We were on our heels in the first few matches. They didn't necessarily have better skilled wrestlers, but there was more of an intensity in looking to score points.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:26 pm

legger wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:03 am **** John: Never stop posting. You are among the great. BTW, are you going to the EIWAs? I hope so, it would be great to see you again. If you need a place to stay, I probably can arrange something. Blessings.
Thanks Bob. Not attending EIWAs but will be in Minneapolis with my brother and a few other old timers. Great city. US Bank Stadium will easily set the new attendance record. Should be between 30-40,000 for each of the 6 sessions.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Oracle is correct. Army came out firing on all cylinders like it was the NCAA's. Definitely out hustled us for the first 6 weights. It wasn't until Jordan put a dagger in their hopes with the pin at 174 that things finally slowed down a little bit. And that was followed by Weiler's totally dominating performance.

As an aside, gotta love Paetzell. All the kid does is win, win, win. He's scored the most team points by far this year. Cutting to 125 has so far turned out to be a fantastic move. Hope he can stay there next year, too.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:43 am

JAD77 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:10 pm Oracle is correct. Army came out firing on all cylinders like it was the NCAA's. Definitely out hustled us for the first 6 weights. It wasn't until Jordan put a dagger in their hopes with the pin at 174 that things finally slowed down a little bit. And that was followed by Weiler's totally dominating performance.

As an aside, gotta love Paetzell. All the kid does is win, win, win. He's scored the most team points by far this year. Cutting to 125 has so far turned out to be a fantastic move. Hope he can stay there next year, too.

>>>> IMO there is no question Paetzell will remain at 125.