Extra Year

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
NothingMeaningful

Re: Extra Year

Post by NothingMeaningful » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Flo had an interview with Chaz Tucker that had some interesting bits in it. Apparently, he, Jordan Kutler, and Kolodzik were all National Prep champions the same year at Blair, and they've kept in touch since then. Tucker and Kutler were texting a bunch when the whole NCAA cancellation thing was brewing. Tucker also said he has a year of eligibility left (how is that possible?) that he'd likely use if the Ivy League changed their rules wrt grad students because of the NCAA cancellation. I don't know how this might apply to Kutler.

He said there's a photo of the three of them as juniors at Blair after winning (IIRC); it would have been interesting to get a photo of the three of them 5-6 years later at EIWAs when they again all won.

jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:39 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:27 pm Tucker also said he has a year of eligibility left (how is that possible?) that he'd likely use if the Ivy League changed their rules wrt grad students because of the NCAA cancellation.
Tucker was on Cornell's roster in 2015-16, 0-0 record. He was also on their roster the following year, also 0-0 record. Then he wrestled three full seasons. If he actually enrolled at Cornell in 2015-16 then his five-year clock has run out. He could probably apply for a medical hardship year, since the reason he missed those two seasons was due to injury. If he didn't actually enroll until 2016-17, then his clock still has a year to run and he either needs the Ivy League to change a rule or else find someplace else to wrestle; but that doesn't explain why he was shown on Cornell's 2015-16 roster.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:04 pm

NothingMeaningful wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:27 pm Flo had an interview with Chaz Tucker that had some interesting bits in it. Apparently, he, Jordan Kutler, and Kolodzik were all National Prep champions the same year at Blair, and they've kept in touch since then. Tucker and Kutler were texting a bunch when the whole NCAA cancellation thing was brewing. Tucker also said he has a year of eligibility left (how is that possible?) that he'd likely use if the Ivy League changed their rules wrt grad students because of the NCAA cancellation. I don't know how this might apply to Kutler.

He said there's a photo of the three of them as juniors at Blair after winning (IIRC); it would have been interesting to get a photo of the three of them 5-6 years later at EIWAs when they again all won.

NothingMeaningful

Post by NothingMeaningful » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Outstanding, thanks!
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:25 pm

Great kids! Known them all through HS and College.

I guess I have the pics in reverse chronological order and that Blair one probably isn't the specific one mentioned since that probably would have been taken at Stabler.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:01 pm

I think this is the one. Although not at Stabler (at least I don't recognize that section :D )

Sundayamqb

Post by Sundayamqb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:07 pm

Great pictures!

Let's hope life isn't all about collegiate sports ...

That's why folks are supposed to go to Lehigh, Princeton and Cornell.
LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:48 pm

Love these photos!
Let's hope life isn't all about collegiate sports ...

That's why folks are supposed to go to Lehigh, Princeton and Cornell.
Addendum: just did a quick look-up on Matt Kolodzik, who like Chaz Tucker is an Engineering Major. Kutler majored in Behavioral Neuroscience IIRC.

Sadly, none of these young men will ever earn a degree in Sports and Recreation Management.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:53 pm

I had a friend who was an Engineer for Syntec in Carlisle, I think he Graduated from an upstate NY engineering school, After doing a 7 ween week self supported bike trip, he decided to get a masters degree in Recreation. Last I heard he was assistant park Superintendent in Pa DCNR
LU in the Hub

Post by LU in the Hub » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:20 am

At this point I think I'm ready to go back to school and work on a degree in the burgeoning field of Recreational Engineering.