Lehigh Awards

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
mookie

Re: Lehigh Awards

Post by mookie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Kutler was a total stud. I never saw him have a bad match or out of position. Great Lehigh career and he will be sorely missed.
Oracle

Post by Oracle » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:09 pm

mookie wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:55 pm Kutler was a total stud. I never saw him have a bad match or out of position. Great Lehigh career and he will be sorely missed.
Ditto. Couldn't agree more. One of the most, if not the most, technically high IQ guys LU has ever had.
Dubbz

Post by Dubbz » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:23 pm

He will no doubt be sorely missed in the wresting room. I can't imagine a better leader and harder worker for the underclassmen to look up to. Best of luck in his future career.
Spisula

Post by Spisula » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:34 pm

Great montage of this season’s wrestling action, especially from EIWAs.

Kutler was a beast of a wrestler - strong, technically sound, with great mat awareness, and was finally healthy at the end of a season. He was intelligent, articulate, positive, and I’m sure, a great leader in the room. Definitely will be sorely missed.
legger

Post by legger » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:20 am

**** I agree with everything said previously about Jordan. Additionally, he is a true gentleman and an excellent example of a true student athlete. Whenever I would visit practice, he would come over and shake my hand and thank me for supporting Lehigh and the wrestlers. He is truly a Class Act. Blessings Jordan.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:12 am

Jordan will leave a huge hole in the lineup, imho.
Those will be humongous shoes to fill for the next B&W wrestler to take over 174.
Anyone who could at least fill them a QUARTER of the way will be ahead of the game!

Who's going to be the next "Kutler" in the lineup? ;)
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:41 am

Not counting his redshirt year, JK was upset exactly once, at Troy, his second day (after a dual at Bucknell) of varsity competition.
Buckeye

Post by Buckeye » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:51 am

First time poster, long time reader here.

So great to see the positive comments on Jordan. Much different than the ones about him and the coaches I read after he missed weight at the EIWAs his rFR year. I told Gimp that I was going to join the forum to set the knuckleheads straight on some of the outrageous things I have read over the years. He said as long as he wasn't one of them :). I won't go back into the past but I will be watching and reading to make sure the truth/reality is properly represented. Those of you that have not wrestled D1 really have no idea what these kids go through. The life of a Lehigh wrestler/student athlete is something that only a few can handle. The roster that Pat leads is very special and they all deserve respect for what they are doing.

And yes, Jordan lost to Dawaylon Barnes (Oklahoma) at the journeyman classic back in 2017 3-2. It was his 4th ever varsity match and his only loss (on paper) over his entire career where he was defeated by someone who was ranked below him. Looking back it should have been the match that drove him up to 165. He barely made weight vs Bucknell the day before and struggled to make weight that weekend. I remember talking to him between his matches that weekend and him telling me he didn't feel like himself and he couldn't wrestle the way he wanted to. He cut from the 180s down to 157 and it almost killed him. That entire year was brutal for him. Even at the southern scuffle (where he won the tournament) he wasn't himself. Lesson learned - don't cut too much weight.

And yes.....I'm Jordan's dad.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:46 am

Buckeye wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:51 am And yes.....I'm Jordan's dad.
Please tell us you have a few more like him at home.