Greg Strobel Passes

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
drd5748

Re: Greg Strobel Passes

Post by drd5748 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:39 pm

>>Even the worst calls didn't prevent him from showing restraint and respect for the officials.

Well, he made a point never to show them up, a key part of sportsmanship not always followed by rivals. In private, it was known now & then that he'd quietly say to an official: "You're not coming back here again." 8-) Loyalty to his teams when needed. Coach Leeman was essentially Lehigh's only coach ever to openly display "feelings" toward refs

legger

Post by legger » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:56 pm

**** Just wondering if any plans have been made to honor Coach Greg.? I know a lot of Friends and Fans will be very interested in knowing. I will be in the Valley next week and would like to attend and pay my respects.
jdalu75

Post by jdalu75 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 pm

legger wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:56 pm
**** Just wondering if any plans have been made to honor Coach Greg.? I know a lot of Friends and Fans will be very interested in knowing. I will be in the Valley next week and would like to attend and pay my respects.
A question I've had for a week. My guess is that his immediate family has already had their farewells and a public memorial service will be held at Lehigh at a later date; most likely delayed to 2021.
"It was the wont of the immortal gods sometimes to grant prosperity and long impunity to men whose crimes they were minded to punish in order that a complete reverse of fortune might make them suffer more bitterly." -- Caesar
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:30 pm

jdalu75 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 pm
legger wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:56 pm
A question I've had for a week. My guess is that his immediate family has already had their farewells and a public memorial service will be held at Lehigh at a later date; most likely delayed to 2021.
Almost Correctamundo! I hadn't checked in a couple days but here- (almost as in the private one is this weekend)

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mcall ... &fhid=4622