Broadcast of Wresle-offs?

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: Broadcast of Wresle-offs?

Post by Oracle » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:58 am

Frenchie wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:42 pm Fan interest equals money in to the program. Broadcast helps create fan interest and engagement. Ultimately, the more I see these kids, the more I am interested in them personally and the program as a whole. I love to see the kids coming in who are going to red shirt and then I won't see them for a year- it helps build buy-in on many levels.

Wrestle-offs are fun. Not throwing a fit that I can't see them, and very much appreciate Pat and what he does with the program. Sometimes its ok to disagree with someone and still respect their decision.
>>>>>>> Fair enough.

drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:28 pm

>>>it’s 2021… the internet….yes that damn things still around….all your blather is pointless and outdated in the year….. you guessed it, 2021

... "Blather: talk long-windedly without making very much sense" ... which is about the only thing I understand when you're posting. The question is: with zero identity in the sport, would you even exist w/out me to duel with?

>>I’m a big Pat Santoro fan and take offense to you accusing him of being out dated and not adjusting to the times, I think he’s smarter than that

... See "blather" phrase; many diehard fans feel I'm too loyal to Pat regardless of results. After all your questioning of the program, I'm busting a gut, in tears, laughing at your lame attempt above. Are you OK?

>> So yes I find the video arguement laughable, the full house more money for program arguement would make more sense although it is probably a very short sighted way of looking at it by the athletic dept

... It's his argument, not mine - and while argue has an e, argument doesn't - the decision has ZERO to do with increasing sales. Keep argue-ing all you want but you're wasting everyone's time.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:43 pm

>>>For all I know, Coach Sheridan invented the wrestle off to promote the sport

... The greatest promoter in the nation for several decades, Billy ran the 1st wrestling clinic in the nation -- in 1935 -- in the Poconos, at the summer camp he owned. He and his team also produced and participated in a 5-min movie reel promoting wrestling and shown in over 5,000 RKO theatres in 1939.

,,, Billy also arranged for his LU team to participate in the 2nd-ever TV broadcast in the nation of any dual meet -- on WOR-TV in NYC in 1950. It was between Lehigh and the New York Athletic Club (amazingly, the first broadcast was in Chattanooga, TN in 1947).

... But credit for the 1st public wrestle-off (in Grace Hall in Nov '62) goes to Gerald G. Leeman in his 10th as LU coach. All info included in my stories on the two coaches I wrote for book author Jay Hammond '66 (r.i.p.) in 'The History of NCAA Wrestling")
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Apparently you wouldnt have an identity without me there Denster….Because every time i post something you run out to the barn, jump on your white horse and start typing…..7 people could have posted in between but seems it’s only me who for the most part makes you put on your chaps and saddle up….if I were Pat Santoro i would honestly be creeped out by your presence, you long ago passed the super fan line and become more the stalker/creeper type…..like Gene Hackman’s assistant in “No Way Out”…….

You won’t get the last word, not even close…..because for me its not about begging everyone to like me….. i don’t have a big inferiority complex i’m desperately trying to overcome….just a guy who likes Lehigh wrestling and can be honest about it good,
bad, warts and all…..and as we enter the golfing off season I have nothing but time on my hands…..so saddle up, but you’re going to have saddle sores before the season even starts….
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:34 pm

Steve Lomangino has advised me that there will be a YouTube link to the Wrestle-offs. He'll have details tomorrow.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:32 am

drd5748 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:34 pm Steve Lomangino has advised me that there will be a YouTube link to the Wrestle-offs. He'll have details tomorrow.
You made my week.
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:08 am

Excellent, very cool!
Chico

Post by Chico » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:48 am

Denny, thanks for your roll in this. I appreciate it quite a lot.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:19 pm

The link to the stream is up on the LU schedule. Thanks to all who made this possible.
mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:28 pm

Good job Lehigh! I'm most interested in seeing the 149, 165 matches but please spare us the obligatory post match interview with Santoro.