Pitt

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
gimpeltf

Re: Pitt

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:11 am

Not sure where I posted this but during the broadcast I mentioned that was a Pat move. When Malyke was waiting to do the interview with Loman I told him that. He was surprised. Right after that Pat was talking to Scott Hovan (who had done the TV broadcast) and I went over and said something similar to the both of them. Scott said it was also his move so I asked if it came from Rande (Stottlemyer). Apparently it came from Asst John Hartupee who drilled it into them.

mookie

Post by mookie » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:26 am

It's rare primarily because most refs are scared to call it.
BP-LU87

Post by BP-LU87 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 am

Maybe the refs were also influenced by getting a “heads up” from the coaches bench so they were looking for it instead of having to make a surprise call which like you mentioned is scary for them
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:02 am

I might add that in this case the ref would have been positioned where he was anyway. If I recall some of the other neutral instances (Doto-Bailer?) you would probably position with the shooter facing you and would have to circle around to see if the defender (usually wrapped over the shoulders) is pinned. You might not think of it until the shooter grabs the arm around his waist and leans back.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:58 pm

I guess when posting about "once in a lifetime" stuff it's a good idea to respect older fans whose lifetimes include 2-3 times as many duals and weird moves as others remember.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 pm

And there it is….lol

I put the offer out there Lone Ranger. I put up that offer multiple times to end the “bag” fights…. And spare others me having to continually call you out for what you are…..But you just gotta jump back in feet first, did you miss your therapy appointment today?….. yeah your right tonto it is a very common occurence, hell we’ll probably see it happen at least twice this weekend….we should fall behind in every match then go for the ole defensive pin in the final seconds….why waste energy wrestling the rest of the match, that’s for suckers….hell guys have listed at least 6 times its happened in the last 40 years, if that isnt a hot trend i don’t know what is….hell a couple were actually similiar circumstances! Hot damn, time to stop teaching nonsense like take downs and pin combinations and just go with the most common of occurences…. The defensive pin….what a revelation…..

Are you such a dimwit that you don’t understand that “once in a lifetime” doesnt necessarily literally mean that but can also be used to mean something very rare….i will stick with the fact that given the circumstances involved it was “very rare”
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:23 pm

I’ll post this one last time in case you’re pretending you didnt see it Denster…. Up to you, are you capable?
Spladle1989 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:15 pm
Spladle1989 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:15 am But Denny has to reply to everything I post correct? I mean do you see any difference there?

How about this:

Denny believes he is not a "crying out for need and acceptance horse riding program ass kisser".

I believe I am not a "whiny, blowhard, always negative , the sky is falling rabble rousing outsider twit" (although I did actually graduate from Lehigh).......

and we both agree not to post any comments on what each other posts.....and we leave it at that? I'm good with that, will have no problem holding up my end........unless he doesn't.....

offer still stands
+ Infinity lol
legger

Post by legger » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:39 pm

**** Denny: Take mr know it alls’ challenge or everyone on this board will be exposed to his incessant, nonsensical rants for the rest of our collective lives. I would refer you to review D3s catch phrase “Never argue with ***** and so on”.
JAD77

Post by JAD77 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:47 pm

Spladle - PLEASE JUST STOP!!
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:25 am

I’ve made the terms clear, and if you aren’t in his “cronies” group you’d see it as a fair and reasonable deal…. Up to him…. I’m more than willing….. but is he capable?

And know it all? Really? In the Denster versus Spladle situation i believe that is the actual Webster’s definition of the pot calling the kettle black …