Evan Henderson-Assistant Coach

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: Evan Henderson-Assistant Coach

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:57 am

whiz wit wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:21 am Henderson apparently wrote somewhere that he will be joining the "@lehighwrestling coaching staff". Seems that heavyweightnationblog interpreted that to mean that he was taking an "assistant coaching position" and joining Santoro, Dillon, Rey & Cruz at the University. If that's all Henderson has written, and without other evidence that he'll be coaching at the University, he could have meant that he's going to the LVWC.
His instagram post literally has a picture of him, the Lehigh logo (not the LVWC logo) and “Assistant Coach” in big letters…… so not really sure how they wouldn’t “interpret” that….

LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:04 am

Sounds like a great fit for volunteer coach replacing Darien to work with guys like Crookham/Hynes/Bryant where Darien is too small to be able to push them.

Not to mention Darien wants to focus on his international competition more than working out with Lehigh wrestlers.

This sounds great & hats off to LVWC if all as it appears.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:57 am
whiz wit wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:21 am Henderson apparently wrote somewhere that he will be joining the "@lehighwrestling coaching staff". Seems that heavyweightnationblog interpreted that to mean that he was taking an "assistant coaching position" and joining Santoro, Dillon, Rey & Cruz at the University. If that's all Henderson has written, and without other evidence that he'll be coaching at the University, he could have meant that he's going to the LVWC.
His instagram post literally has a picture of him, the Lehigh logo (not the LVWC logo) and “Assistant Coach” in big letters…… so not really sure how they wouldn’t “interpret” that….
Fair enough. I'm not on instagram and couldn't get that picture of him in the Lehigh singlet. Just went by his statement cited on heavyweightnationblog, where he was pictured in other than a Lehigh singlet.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:25 am

Before what I said gets misinterpreted as happens in these posts, I did not say he was in a Lehigh singlet, he was in a world team singlet, with large Lehigh symbol in top right corner and "Assistant Coach" in large letters running down the right side from the symbol.....

https://www.instagram.com/hendo65kg/?hl=en
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:10 am

Spladle1989 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:25 am Before what I said gets misinterpreted as happens in these posts, I did not say he was in a Lehigh singlet, he was in a world team singlet, with large Lehigh symbol in top right corner and "Assistant Coach" in large letters running down the right side from the symbol.....

https://www.instagram.com/hendo65kg/?hl=en
Ok. I see it. In that case I'm still not confident he's joining the University staff. Given the close relationship between the University and the LVWC teams, esp. that both entities have the same coaches, he may have chosen to put the Lehigh logo in his picture, and he may consider his position with the LVWC as that of an "assistant coach" rather than a "resident athlete". I guess we'll find out. Evennnnnnnnntually.

In any event, let's keep this conversation going so as to impart maximum annoyance upon DRD.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:28 pm

So you're all upping the CURMUDGEON factor, eh? ;)

Okay... but don't come cryin' all the way home when they snap atcha! :P
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:29 pm

Assuming Henderson will be coaching the LU team, it's probably more likely that Cruz is leaving than Dillon for the reasons LU Engineer expressed above. If Henderson were to replace Dillon there'd be a huge gap in assistant weights, viz from 143 to 285.
Spisula

Post by Spisula » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:32 pm

And on the LU website now: https://lehighsports.com/news/2022/8/5/ ... stant.aspx
An as Whiz suggested, is replacing Cruz as Vol Asst.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:54 pm

Actually I tried to explain the Volunteer Asst switch and LUenginer ran with that next before Lehigh confirmed everything shortly after Kerry McCoy on the LVWC site 8/3

Despite still more obsession today with who's leaving, today's release confirmed my point that Darian's staying with the Club after volunteering to cede his VA post.