SCHEDULE

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Spladle1989

Re: SCHEDULE

Post by Spladle1989 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:18 pm

This is spicy, can we wait till later in the day so I can enjoy a nice craft beer with my popcorn?

You guys are predictable??? Talk about the pot calling the kettle (subtle but accurate poke)....

but by all means proceed, I'll fade into just watching the show again.....kind of nice not being the focal point for DRD's Lehigh angst for a change....

whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:20 pm

Spladle1989 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:18 pm This is spicy, can we wait till later in the day so I can enjoy a nice craft beer with my popcorn?

You guys are predictable??? Talk about the pot calling the kettle (subtle but accurate poke)....

but by all means proceed, I'll fade into just watching the show again.....kind of nice not being the focal point for DRD's Lehigh angst for a change....
This is just the pregames show. Once the games start you'll need a popcorn maker and several cases.

Speaking of craft beer, have you (or Legger or D3 or any other aficionados of the brew) tried "mild beer (ale)". It's about half the alcohol of regular craft beer but is supposed to be tasty, susceptible of major consumption, and increasingly popular in the northeast. I recently picked up a highly rated one called "Yards Brawler" and will be giving it a test ride with some barbecued sausages later today.

Later: Wasn't very good. Probably much better than American "light beer", which I never drank, but still lacking in kick. Might drink it if I was worried about my alcohol consumption but not otherwise.
drd5748

Post by drd5748 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:27 pm

All kidding aside, I can always use an excuse to generate stuff for LUWrestlingNews and the whizard caused one.

Is it safe to assume that ultra-blue chips -- the "sure fire" A/As right out of HS have the highest pct suiting up?

Anyone -- and I mean anyone -- would think so, with zero argument. So I grabbed a recent LUWN file of 86 NCAA finalists and spent an hr+ looking up bios to confirm yes/no on whether their coach suited them up as fr/fr:

Among 43 ncaa 1sts (2015-2022):
There were r/s as fr/fr by a 26-17 margin (60.5%)
... I thought Cael swelled that ratio but no - the PSU 8-5 margin has been 61.5%

Among 43 wrestlers with a high of ncaa 2nd (same 8 ncaas)
It rose to a 34-13 margin as r/s 1st yr (72.3%)

OF NOTE: 33 schools have been involved, not a tiny sample
Tom Ryan, Ohio St, redshirted 6 of 7 stars, not counting Kyle Snyder who (ahem) spent his entire hs sr yr at OTC

Likewise, Spencer Lee is the only Iowa finalist of 7 who wrestled as fr/fr, a rare Iowa decision.

Ferrari was the only OSU Cowboy of 6 to suit up as fr..... that's 17 out of 20 for these 3 top schools (85%)