LU v Princeton

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
jdalu75

Re: LU v Princeton

Post by jdalu75 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:23 pm

jdalu75 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:03 pm McGonagle, Hines, Haubert, Frinzi, and Logan are all eligible for another year. If I had to pick one guy who'll come back next year it would be Hines, but I really don't know why I think that.
Steve's Match Notes for the Princeton dual are out; it's Senior Night and the only one from that group who'll be back is Hines. Still don't know why I thought that, though.

From the next class Sung, Herceg, Kilrain, Wright, and Chakif are graduating in four years. Seymour, Munch, Storm, Lawrence, Davis, and Moore will be back.

Justafan

Post by Justafan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:18 pm

Beard has another year available to him...correct?
I'll assume he makes up his mind completely until Nationals are over. Brooks and Hidlay are gone, I believe after this year.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:21 pm

Justafan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:18 pm Beard has another year available to him...correct?
I'll assume he makes up his mind completely until Nationals are over. Brooks and Hidlay are gone, I believe after this year.
Beard does have another year and there's been a lot of speculation about whether he will use it. For what it's worth, it seems like a good sign that he is not being honored for senior night.
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:23 pm

Oracle wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:45 pm The trick, if there is one, to landing transfers is relationship. I'm sure Lehigh recruited Michael Beard hard coming out of Malvern Prep. When they lost him to PSU, the smart play was to be supportive and friendly whenever you were around him. Young kids remember that. "Hey I went to Penn State because at the time I thought it was a better option, but I really liked the coaches at Lehigh, their facility and how they treated me." Then when things change, a guy will recall those relationships. Having Crookham knock off a world champ, Stanich being ranked high as a true frosh, Beard being a monster and the high level development of Nathan Taylor -- all things that make the decision to 'reconsider' Lehigh easier. Probably the single greatest advantage Pat can take into the off sesaon is a top 10 NCAA finish and a few high placing AAs. Maybe even a champ or 2.

I'm not sure you "recruit" as much as someone picks you. In most cases I would think we already recruited them once.
This is spot on. Seems wasn’t that long ago that many posters were peeing down on Pat from a great height. Here sits the program that is a couple guys from making some real noise at NCAAs. We have just the coach to get them if not the $$ handouts. Fun season.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:06 pm

Starting @ 125,,, forfeit for Sheldon Seymour.
133 will be Nick Kayal for the tigers and Ethan Smith for the B&W...
D3
Sir, a pint of you finest ale, please!
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:11 pm

0-0 after one... Kayal takes down to start the 2nd.
D3
Never argue with an idiot... he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:12 pm

E Kayal... AND a TD for the Tiger.
E Smith... end of 2.
Smith takes down for the 3rd.
D3
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:15 pm

E Smith... scramble at the edge... Kayal won the position and gets the TD.
E Smith... 3rd winding down...
D3
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:17 pm

7-3 Kayal and the Tigers are on board... 6-3 LEHIGH
D3 for LU

Post by D3 for LU » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:19 pm

141 Tyler Vazquez for the Tigers and Malyke Hines for the B&W...
D3