End of an Era

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
Oracle

Re: End of an Era

Post by Oracle » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:48 am

I disagree.

FloridaGuy

Post by FloridaGuy » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:34 pm

>>>>>>Developing NCAA qualifiers is one level. Developing wrestlers that are in the mix for the NCAA podium is much higher level.

I’ll be surprised if any Ivy other than cu produces NCAA podium level guys regularly. It’s not happening now and I don’t see anything changing.

Attracting talent with the promise of an Ivy degree is only one part of the challenge. We’ll see what the future brings.
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:07 pm

Good riddance to the Ivy Mafia. IMO, this simply puts Lehigh in a position to rule the EIWA and qualify the majority of the team on an annual basis - much like Tom Ryan did at Hofstra when they were in the Colonial Athletic Association.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:11 pm

lu_alum wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:07 pm Good riddance to the Ivy Mafia. IMO, this simply puts Lehigh in a position to rule the EIWA and qualify the majority of the team on an annual basis - much like Tom Ryan did at Hofstra when they were in the Colonial Athletic Association.
There's definitely a bright side. Also, who knows what woke nonsense this will prevent the EIWA from getting dragged into in coming years.
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:25 pm

Penn and Cornell have had undergrad transfers in the past.

Cornell older Aruja from American.

Penn got Josh and Joe Henson(twins) from Nebraska for 2001+2002.

So will McGonagle have a degree? If not, He could Transfer to Dartmouth, they start a team, and likely have the Ivy league championship at 133 or 141. (could he go to NCAA?)
1/2NELSON

Post by 1/2NELSON » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:28 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:11 pm
lu_alum wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:07 pm Good riddance to the Ivy Mafia. IMO, this simply puts Lehigh in a position to rule the EIWA and qualify the majority of the team on an annual basis - much like Tom Ryan did at Hofstra when they were in the Colonial Athletic Association.
There's definitely a bright side. Also, who knows what woke nonsense this will prevent the EIWA from getting dragged into in coming years.
When the dust finally settles would still like to see us annually LOCK-UP with the likes of a Cornell who is gonna remain very good with their pipe-line to Delbarton, and a match with Princeton if for no other reason than to walk the Campus of a Beautiful MInd, and the ambiance of Jadwin. 8-)
Mountain Hawk

Post by Mountain Hawk » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:24 pm

martinsilvestri wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:11 pm
Hate to inform on this but Lehigh fully dragged itself into woke nonsense years ago just like everyone else.
martinsilvestri

Post by martinsilvestri » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:08 am

Thought this was interesting in light of the recent discussion about Dartmouth wrestling:

Reddit post entitled "Dartmouth college not allowing wrestling club" 2 hours ago on r/wrestling:
"Hey wrestlers, I am currently at Dartmouth. They have neither a club nor a varsity wrestling program. Some other former wrestlers have been trying to start at least a club, but they have blatantly ignored our emails, etc. I decided to go there and forgo college wrestling because I was injured and recovering from surgery anyway. I figured I could start a club, but now I'm unsure what to do. Does anyone have experience with colleges not complying like this?"
LUEngineer

Post by LUEngineer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:41 am

Do you think it is possible that the Ivy move was to reestablish the original EIWA by first breaking off & at some point invite the 5 Patriot League schools to join them next year?

Ivies did not like bringing in the marginal academic schools that the EIWA did several years ago to keep 16 team league.

So perhaps this is step 1 of a 2 step process to realign with like minded institutions. Essentially restarting the EIWA in a way that didn’t kick out the marginal programs. New name will be “IPWA”.

Perhaps this is why no one in authority has any passion to approach the ACC?
Richb-3

Post by Richb-3 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:17 am

No one can question F+ M s academics.

I am guessing Drexel's academics are as strong as American's

I am not going to try to evaluate the other 4.

Still, I suppose you could have a 12 team conference, IVY, Patriot, F+M.

The other 5, + MorganSU, plus Pilfer Rider + GeorgeMason

Sadly, I could see E-Boro, Bloom, and maybe Clarion drop to D2, Which might suggest LHU jumping to the new conference.

But I doubt the Prerequisite happens.