Seeding for 133

Talk about the champions, or the Top 25 nationally-ranked team!
whiz wit

Seeding for 133

Post by whiz wit » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:00 pm

If, as seems likely, it's between Fix and Crookham for #1 and Arujau is to be #3, my logic tells me that since Crookham has already faced Arujau twice this season and beaten him both times, and since Fix hasn't faced Arujau this season and got his jockstrap handed to him by Fix in last year's Nationals, it makes no sense to seed so as to set up a likely third bout between Crookham and Arujau but it does make sense to set up a likely bout between Fix and Arujau.

Oracle

Re: Seeding for 133

Post by Oracle » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:26 pm

Agree. But the NCAA isn't supposed to use any data from last year. Quality wins favor Crookham over Fix. I see it as Lehigh/Okla St/Cornell/Rutgers. 133 is pretty deep this year. Quarters will be fierce.
Spladle1989

Post by Spladle1989 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:29 pm

I suppose Vito stays 3......his only 2 losses are to Crookham.......but if you look who he has wrestled this year it is not impressive if you take Crookham out of the equation.....he only has 13 wins and other than Nasir Bailey from AK-Little Rock no one who would be top 10 at this point.....his two wins against Colaiocco not so impressive anymore......plus appearing to be dinged up after EIWA's......Kai Orine has more wins and only has two losses and they are to Fix and Bouzakis who is a top 7 guy......and Orine is a conference champion......

I can't see jumping a 5 loss Shawver over Orine.....
whiz wit

Post by whiz wit » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:36 pm

Oracle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:26 pm Agree. But the NCAA isn't supposed to use any data from last year. Quality wins favor Crookham over Fix. I see it as Lehigh/Okla St/Cornell/Rutgers. 133 is pretty deep this year. Quarters will be fierce.
Didn't know that about the timeliness of the data. But if I can draw analogy to what goes on in a court of law, a witness renders certain testimony to which an attorney objects, the objection is sustained by the judge and he instructs the jury to disregard the testimony. Nevertheless, the jury has heard it and won't forget it.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:05 pm

whiz wit wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:36 pm
Oracle wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:26 pm Agree. But the NCAA isn't supposed to use any data from last year. Quality wins favor Crookham over Fix. I see it as Lehigh/Okla St/Cornell/Rutgers. 133 is pretty deep this year. Quarters will be fierce.
Didn't know that about the timeliness of the data. But if I can draw analogy to what goes on in a court of law, a witness renders certain testimony to which an attorney objects, the objection is sustained by the judge and he instructs the jury to disregard the testimony. Nevertheless, the jury has heard it and won't forget it.
I don't think there's much of a human jury. Mostly numbers.
The decision to include or not include Starocci might have more of a human element.
lu_alum

Post by lu_alum » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:43 pm

gimpeltf wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:05 pm
whiz wit wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:36 pm
I don't think there's much of a human jury. Mostly numbers.
The decision to include or not include Starocci might have more of a human element.
Gimp is correct (isn't this the case 99% of the time?). It's a mathematical calculation. Here are some reference documents:
Pre-Championships Manual: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/champi ... Manual.pdf
Selection Process: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/champi ... rocess.pdf
Qualifier Allocation Criteria: https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/champi ... iteria.pdf
The Kid

Post by The Kid » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:05 pm

‘Sure its all numbers at first, but at the final coaches meeting they can make adjustments if ‘I recall correctly?
The Kid

Post by The Kid » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:09 pm

according to flo, a wrestler can be argued up or down if he is within three points of another by formula. That is very little. This seems to mean that a wrestler like Starrocci is going to be way out of place, which could cause problems for some poor guy if Starocci is healthy.
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:24 pm

The Kid wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:05 pm ‘Sure its all numbers at first, but at the final coaches meeting they can make adjustments if ‘I recall correctly?
What final coaches meeting is that?
gimpeltf

Post by gimpeltf » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:25 pm

The Kid wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:09 pm according to flo, a wrestler can be argued up or down if he is within three points of another by formula. That is very little. This seems to mean that a wrestler like Starrocci is going to be way out of place, which could cause problems for some poor guy if Starocci is healthy.
Are you sure that was for the NCAAs? That might have been about a conference event. EIWAs was that last year. This year expanded to 5 within those that were preallocated.